Southwire EHS Specialist in Youngsville, North Carolina
Apply now »
Date: Nov 17, 2023
Location: Youngsville, NC, US, 27596
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Youngsville, NC
Southwire Job Description
This position will support the Youngsville, NC facility in leading environmental, health and safety (EHS) goals and initiatives. This individual will support corporate and divisional leadership and facility personnel in implementing and managing regulatory compliance programs, health and safety management systems, company initiatives such as VPP and ISO including other tasks.
• Support a ONE Southwire approach to achieving company Culture of Zero and Sustainability (Living Well and Growing Green) performance objectives through effective collaboration with corporate and divisional EHS staff.
• Lead efforts to enhance hazard recognition, promote injury prevention, drive employee engagement, and improve safe behaviors at assigned facilities.
• Work with company leadership, facility personnel, and EHS personnel to develop and implement effective EHS strategies.
• Support site managers, Team Members, and safety teams on initiatives and programs for compliance with all federal, state, and local safety, health and environmental regulations.
• Manage incident reporting process and support site personnel in investigating incidents and injury-free events, implementing corrective actions from internal and external audits, and communicating with regulatory agencies, as required.
• Develop capital project requests for machine guarding, ergonomics, dock safety, and other hazard mitigation projects.
• Help drive Team Member engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture.
• Establish and report site key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
• Coordinate process improvements that will reduce injuries and incidents and minimize employee exposures and environmental impacts.
• Perform other activities as required to support overall plant EHS and training effectiveness.
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Apply now »