NextEra Energy Power Plant Operator -Senior Production Tech B/S in Yarmouth, Maine
Power Plant Operator -Senior Production Tech B/S
Date:Jun 14, 2018
Primary Location:Yarmouth, ME, US, 04096
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24465
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position sits within the Power Generation Division which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy's non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity. The plant is located in Yarmouth, Maine, and Cape Station on Portland Harbor in South Portland, Maine. Combined, the units total 900 megawatts. This is a 12 hour rotating shift position and reports directly to the Production Manager. We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
- Control Room Operations, Instrument & Controls or Electrical experience in a power plant or similar industry is preferred.
- Follows all safe work practices and procedures.
- Performs the duties and has the abilities to function as a Shift Production Technician.
- Perform maintenance activities to the degree the individual is qualified and in a safe manner.
- Executes Clearance Permits as required under the direction of the Shift Plant Leader.
- Proficient in the areas of power plant operations & associated auxiliary equipment used in fossil generating stations.
- Proficient in the ability to interpret power generation systems, procedures and drawings with ability to learn and operate existing & new systems.
- Monitors performance to identify operating characteristics, take necessary actions to prevent or limit failure, optimize efficiency, identify root cause and implement countermeasures.
- Understands and follows procedures for compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Assist the Shift Plant Leader in other assigned duties and work closely with the Production Assurance Staff, in the installation, maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of Fossil power generating equipment.
- Must have aptitude for mechanical, instrument & control and/or electrical skills (M/E/I) and be able to qualify and perform the duties of one full Skill Set (M/E/I) or two PT Skill Sets (M/E/I).
- Must be able to respond to off-hour callouts, work a reasonable amount of overtime, and be able to work on a 12 hr rotating shift.
- Good communications skills, oral/written & basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain a State of Maine High Pressure Boiler Operators License. (Note: Boiler Operator Training Permits are required for 6 months, prior to taking the exam for High Pressure Boiler Operators License, which are issued by the State).
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Craft Skilled/ Journey Level Organization: NextEra Maine Op Srvs Location: Yarmouth, Maine Other Work Locations: Maine Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Portland Maine Job Segment:Power Plant Operator, Power Plant, Nuclear, Energy