Pacificorp Associate Utility Forestry Arborist, Yakama, WA #109223 in Yakama, Washington
Associate Utility Forestry Arborist, Yakama, WA #109223
Date: Nov 10, 2022
Location: Yakama, WA, US, 98620
JOIN OUR TEAM
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Under general supervision performs quality control tasks and inspections/audits associated with vegetation management work and provides data to support corrective actions and to promote continuous improvement of the vegetatoin management program.
• Under supervision perform inspections/audits of post-work vegetation management actions (including pre-inspections and tree pruning/removal) along distribution and transmission system rights-of-way.
• Perform inspections/audits to ensure compliance with company's vegetation management specifications and programs.
• Communicate to vegetation management staff information on vegetation conditions, clearances and work quality.
o Provide detailed summaries of inspection/audit or survey findings/exceptions (conditions that are inconsistent with Company specifications).
o Document findings using the Company’s mobile data management software.
• Conduct other related inspections or investigations as assigned (e.g., outage reviews).
• Assist with reviewing production records, maintenance history, and service interruption (outage) data to support work planning.
• Actively participate in professional arboricultural organizations, to stay abreast of the latest innovations and developments in the industry.
• Facilitate and maintain good public relations.
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• ISA Certified Arborist and ability to acquire Utility Specialist designation within 6 months.
• Bachelor's degree in Vegetation Management, Forestry, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of 3 years arboriculture-related experience).
• Ability to work alone outdoors in all types of weather conditions and various terrains.
• Experience using mobile data management devices such as tablets to record information or similar experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of current vegetation management techniques, best practices, and procedures.
o Knowledgeable of tree species and growth rates.
• Basic knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations applying to vegetation management.
• Basic knowledge of applicable herbicide/pesticide regulations.
• Overnight travel will be required and will vary based on work area and work task.
Environmental and Physical
• Must be able to work alone in outdoor environments year-round, conducting inspections along utility power lines by foot and vehicle in both urban and remote rural locations.
• Physical demands include: long distance driving, walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven/rugged steep terrain (hills/mountainous areas), while being exposed to the outdoor factors including traffic conditions, noise, dust, and all weather conditions.
• Fulfillment of job functions require physical ability and mobility be able to walk, hike (long distances in various terrains), stand, sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 50 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with the public; ability to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fire rakes, water backpack, shovel and traffic cones.
• ISA Utility Specialist Designation
• ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification
• Utility arboriculture-related work experience
• Experience utilizing ATVs or similar, to complete audits and surveys, if necessary
Req Id: 109223
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: Yakama
Department: Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Non-Exempt
Hiring Range: $57,600-$67,800
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.