National Grid Testman 80 in Worcester, Massachusetts
$37.27 an hour
Position: Testman 80
• Must be able to work in a safe and responsible manner under various working conditions.
• Required to work a reasonable amount of planned and emergency overtime.
• Required to work in all types of weather as per union contract.
• Must have the ability to work closely with outside vendors.
• Must actively participate in formal and informal safety and technical training programs
• Must actively participate in on the job training.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or lead technician.
• Must provide an acceptable means of off-hour contact.
• Must respond to a reasonable amount of planned and emergency overtime.
• Will assist in the installation, operation and maintenance of various types of communications, SCADA, control and metering equipment and systems, and all other duties as assigned to this position.
• Associates Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Technology.
• Have or obtain an FCC General Radio-Telephone License within the first 12 months.
• Have or obtain a DOT medical certificate and a complete Driver Qualification File within the first 12 months to be able to drive, tow trailers, and work in all weather conditions.
• Must be willing and able to advance to a Senior Technician in accordance with the Automatic Progression Agreement.
• Demonstrate the ability to use simple and complex test equipment, schematics, logic diagrams, and instruction manuals.
• Demonstrate mechanical aptitude for fine work.
• Demonstrate written and oral communication skills for maintaining legible records, documentation, and customer interface.
• Provide an acceptable means of off-hour contact and respond to a reasonable amount of planned and emergency overtime.
• Possess and retain a valid, unrestricted Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
• Must have the aptitude and willingness to progress in the roster.
• Must be able to physically work in kneeling, bending, cramped or reaching positions, or on a ladder.
• Must be able to climb stairs.
• Progression to Technician 3/C is required within a 6 to 12 month time frame from date of entry.
• Pass both a written and practical progression assessment.
• Progress to the next level of classification during the designated time frames or leave the department. • Progression is defined in the Automatic Progression Agreement
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.