National Grid Substation Instructor/Senior Instructor in Worcester, Massachusetts
_About the Position:_
Deliver high quality learning experiences that meet Electric Substations technical, regulatory and safety learning needs through a blended learning approach and support the design and development of learning solutions. At the highest level the role will act as a technical subject matter expert for theUS.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to): _
Deliver technical training programs to clients through a blended learning approach, such as hands on activities to stimulate real tasks, ensuring that National Grid is effectively providing training in line with external requirements, operational priorities, and best practice.
Support the design and development of cohesive and innovative curriculum and training programs in order to meet client learning requests.
Liaise with the business, acting as a technical training advisor for various departments throughout the company in order to resolve any queries or issues.
Administer testing and conduct physical and technical assessments.
Represent technical training as the subject matter expert on various committees in order to ensure that technical training is represented and understood in the business.
Conduct assessments of training needs associated with the introduction of new equipment, procedures and technology to ensure that National Grid incorporates best practice into learning methods and programs.
Participate as a subject matter expert during the modification and creation of new technical training programs by the Design and Development areas of Learning and Development.
Keep up to date on training developments in order to ensure that innovation and latest learning requirements and ideas are incorporated into National Grids technical training programs.
Define, create and deliver training programs such as preparing lesson plans and developing instructor materials and assessments in order to meet the learning and development needs of the business and ensure all external requirements are met.
Coordinate learning records administration including monitoring course completions, attendance, assessments, and qualifications.
Represent L&D as the subject matter expert including governance bodies, transformation and best practice committees and other technical committees in order ensure that L&D is represented and understood in the business.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
- A Highschool Diploma or Equivalent is required. Supervisory experience and/or advanced education in Engineering, Education, or a related field are considered a plus.
– A minimum of 5-7 years of Electrical Operations experience, extensive knowledge of Electric Substations is preferred.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening and presentation skills.
– Must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform in a team environment, collaborate with others, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
– Strong knowledge of safety policies and procedures and construction standards, and an ability to work collaboratively between these functions
– Understanding of Learning and Development principles
– Working knowledge of personal computers and various business related software.
– Candidates may also be asked to demonstrate their presentation skills and knowledge of technical subject matter by conducting a short training presentation.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid values and celebrates a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusiveness that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer./
Job: *Technical Training
Organization: *Technical Training
Title: Substation Instructor/Senior Instructor
Requisition ID: 20180459