MasTec Utility Services Fiber Splicer Apprentice Seattle North in Woodinville, Washington
MasTec – Utility Services Group activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including, but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
We are currently seeking a Fiber Splicer Apprentice to join our dynamic team supporting a major telecommunications infrastructure project.
Candidates will have a working knowledge of various cable types such as loose tube, central tube, armored, gel-filled, etc. Candidates must have an excellent attitude. They must be willing to learn fusion splicing, OTDR testing, power meter testing, and troubleshooting end-to-end continuity of fiber optic networks. Any understanding of DWDM and CWDM multiplexing technologies preferred.
• Fusion splicing, OTDR testing, use of power meter, fiber identifier.
• OTDR troubleshooting continuity of fiber optic networks.
• Applicant should be self-motivated and able to accept instruction.
• Applicant should be prepared to work during the day or night shifts, as well as weekends depending on customer requirements.
• Ability to obtain current first aid and CPR training.
• Ability to obtain flagger certification.
• Ability to read and understand maps, documents, enclosure forms, drawings, and diagrams relative to each project’s scope.
• Must be able to see and distinguish different colors and read fine print.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office software.
• Able to define and solve problems in the field to ensure job completion.
• Groundwork – trenching
• Place conduit
• Underground services
• Aerial Services
• Drop coordination
• Quality Control
• Read and understand site plans, maps, and diagrams needed to support the project.
• Must be able to work at heights, climb poles, ladders, and work off of a bucket truck, as well as work in confined spaces
• Valid US Driver’s license
• Clean driving record
• Ability to work varied schedule (on call, evening and weekends as needed)
• Ability to work in inclement weather
• Proven strong analytic / problem-solving skills
• Ability to read and understand maps, drawings, and diagrams for project build process
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once
• Highly organized person and can show planning and processes to support daily work
• Ability to become proficient with customer “Host Systems”
• Practical and conceptual thinking as related to project descriptions and needs.
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced high volume work environment
• Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to be on-call, as needed.
• Work independently under minimal supervision
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities (lifting heavy equipment up to 70lbs. unassisted, bending, standing, climbing, or walking)
• Bucket experience preferred.
• Current first aid and CPR training preferred.
• Current flagger certification preferred.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Fiber Splicer Apprentice Seattle North
Requisition ID: 41158