MasTec Utility Services Drill Operator Seattle North in Woodinville, Washington
MasTec – Utility Services Group activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including, but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes 12N relate well to this position.
We are currently seeking a Directional Drill Operator to join our dynamic team supporting a major telecommunications infrastructure project.
The role of a Directional Bore Operator is that of a specialty trained employee who has expertise in running horizontal/directional drill rigs, locating equipment and product support equipment.
• Operate Directional Bore for installation of underground conduit and fiber optic cable.
• Ensure safety of the public and other utilities underground facilities.
• Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
• Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian control.
• Read utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities.
• Ensure all applicable permits and locates are complete and on site.
• Inspect the work that is in progress to ensure that the workmanship conforms to specifications.
• Operate construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
• Level earth to final grade specifications.
• Measure distances from grade stakes, lasers and GPS coordinates.
• Move and relocate RF and Fiber service.
• Vehicle and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified.
• Perform proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs on equipment.
• Lead teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed and directed by supervisor.
• Familiar with NESC (National Electrical Safety Commission) safety guidelines.
• Minimum 3 years Directional Bore experience in an urban environment.
• Valid Class A CDL.
• Clean driving record.
• Experience with different size Vermeer or Ditch Witch units preferred.
• Lift and carry up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process.
• Practical working experience of underground construction for both RF and Fiber.
• City, County and State clearance code knowledge and related.
• Extensive knowledge of Network architecture and design for both RF and Fiber networks.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Drill Operator Seattle North
Requisition ID: 36329