Duke Energy Veh Maint Tech II in Winter Garden, Florida
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
· Performs preventative maintenance (PM) services and repairs on gasoline and diesel vehicles, construction equipment, associated equipment, as well as assist other technicians with PM or repairs critical to mounted mechanized equipment
· Performs Department of Transportation (DOT) required inspections
· Performs repair work on engine assemblies
· Re-condition hydraulic brakes on cars and light duty trucks
· Performs dielectric testing of aerial lifts and test derricks and aerial devices for structural and stability integrity
· Reads and comprehends schematics and blueprints
· Work requires frequent bending, climbing on/off equipment
· Tight area
· Garage environment
· Two year associate degree or certificate in auto, diesel, or heavy equipment mechanics from a vocational school or 3-4 years directly related experience
· Extensive experience repairing and maintaining Altec or Terex aerial devices such as 1 or 2 man buckets, digger derricks, and material handlers
· Possess working knowledge of engine and vehicle repairs, drive train components, ignition/fuel electrical systems, brakes, and steering systems specific to Freightliner, International, and Cummins
· Proficient in the diagnosis and repair of electrical systems and circuits
· Boom/Crane operation, repair, and maintenance knowledge
· Possess air brake inspector qualification
· Demonstrate skills and knowledge associated with hydraulics on vehicles/equipment
· Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in medium and heavy duty truck repairs
· Demonstrate knowledge and ability to utilize computer and associated mainframe and software programs
· Good communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
· Basic computer skills
· Own necessary tools or equipment to perform job duties
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Must be able to obtain "CDL Class A" driver's license with haz-mat/tank endorsement within a designated (120 days) timeframe
· Capable of handling and lifting 50lbs or more repeatedly
· Flexible to work in tight areas
· Must be able to stand and walk on concrete surface for extended periods of time
· Must be able to work in garage environment with associated fumes and dust and tolerate heights in aerial towers
· Must be able to read and comprehend schematics and blueprints
· Must be able to re-condition hydraulic brakes on cars and light duty trucks
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)No
Represented/Union PositionMain IBEW Florida Union
Visa Sponsored PositionNo
Posting Expiration Date
Friday, March 1, 2019
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, supplying and delivering electricity to approximately 7.4 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 52,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.5 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Regardless of your skill set or specific interest, we're looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our people make us great - and we're always looking for more. Find your career path today at Duke Energy, where it's more than a career - it's a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Duke Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in the Department of Labor EEO Poster and Supplement.