Eversource Energy Senior Scada Engineer in Windsor, Connecticut
1.Role and Scope of Position:
This position manages and maintains all software and hardware for Gas SCADA and Remote Terminal Unit (RTUs) to ensure reliable operation. Implements and designs RTU programming to support field projects. This position is responsible for troubleshooting the SCADA system when problems occur to ensure uninterrupted Gas SCADA system operations, which is critical to distribution system monitoring and control. This position also requires evaluation and integration of the latest gas monitoring equipment and telecommunication options.
- Manage, maintain and enhance SCADA system software and field RTU software.
- Analyze, research, develop, maintain and implement enhancements to SCADA.
- Defines and maintains supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) data and definitions.
- Develop SCADA operational pages, create system reports and maintain historical and real-time databases.
- Program and implement the installation of all new and upgraded field RTUs and telecommunications.
- Manage remote communications links (leased line, cellular modems, radio and fiber optic).
- Work with IT Networking and Security to maintain a reliable and secure Gas SCADA network.
- Provide reports and operational data to various departments and/or agencies.
- Provide training and promote innovation and participation in system development among users.
- Help mentor and train SCADA team.
- On-Call support of Real Time SCADA system required.
- Storm Duty required.
- Requires proficiency in Accol Workbench Open BSI, Modbus, BSAP, OPC, SQL Server, TCP-IP, Microsoft Access and Office. Proficiency in ClearSCADA and ControlWave Designer preferred. An understanding of gas distribution system operations and telecommunications such as serial, Ethernet and wireless preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of five years related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Eversource will facilitate training and DOT Operator Qualification certification for the successful candidate, consistent with Gas Control
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $115,800.00 to $128,67.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Work is performed both in an office environment and occasionally at field RTU sites. Working in an office environment requires sitting, standing, kneeling and general movement throughout the gas control and server areas. Field work at RTU sites requires proper clothing and requires applicable personal protective safety equipment such as a hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety vest, safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes significant analysis of system operating characteristics and diagnosis of system problems, as well as data comparison, data manipulation and report organization. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business decisions and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs