New York Power Authority Temp Associate Total Rewards Specialist in White Plains, New York
The Temporary Associate Total Rewards Specialist will provide support to both the compensation and benefits team members for up to one year.
The total rewards team, part of the HR operations team at NYPA, serves with the purpose of designing and delivering exceptional programs and information that support employees needs throughout their employment lifecycle enabling them to be present at work. We’re passionate about providing excellent service that supports customer needs through timely communication, education and appropriate resolution.
• Provide general support to compensation and benefits teams as needed throughout year
• Build dashboards and perform analytics for both compensation and benefits programs
• Assist with compensation surveys and other data requests needed to keep market data tool and job data updated
• Assist benefits team with processes such as employment verifications, other employee and manager approvals and workflows, managing shared mailbox and phone inquiries from employees and retirees
• Ensure employee records and documentation kept up-to-date, stored and continuously process improved; stress test Standard Operating Procedures for compensation and benefits
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects within varying competing deadlines
• Knowledge of HR and benefits-related laws such as HIPAA, COBRA, FLSA
• Strong skills in Office 365 including SharePoint and creating Excel pivot tables, v-lookups, macros, charting functions, etc.
• Strong research skills and ability to find information without a prescribed path, using external resources and networks
• Ability to observe confidentiality and discretion
Education, Experience and Certifications
• Bachelors’ Degree required
• Understanding of HR system design
• Minimum two years of experience in compensation and/or benefits
• SAP and/or Success Factors experience preferred
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer