New York Power Authority Recruiter I in White Plains, New York
The Talent Acquisition Recruiter is responsible for providing recruiting support and excellent customer service to NYPA client groups as well as to internal and external candidates. This position is responsible for pre-qualifying, candidate screening, interviewing and delivering high-quality professional candidates while leading hiring managers through the full cycle selection process. The Recruiter will be a participative member of the Talent Acquisition team and will assist with assigned projects and hiring events. The recruiter supports and employs innovative, competitive, cost-effective Talent Acquisition initiatives to attract a diverse, talented, and productive workforce.
• Deliver exceptional client customer service and full lifecycle recruiting.
• Partner with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to identify recruiting needs and search strategies.
• Efficiently understand clients’ recruiting needs with consideration of evolving strategic plans and changing markets.
• Proactively identify ways to source passive candidates and innovative ways to engage talent for hard to fill roles.
• Leverage social recruiting resources and ATS to recruit the best candidates.
• Provide candidates with a compelling story as to why NYPA is a leading employer of choice.
• Schedule and lead post-interview debrief meeting with interview teams on candidate selection.
• Adhere to documentation protocol on all recruiting activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Deep understanding of laws and regulations related to employment and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations.
• Knowledge of full life cycle recruiting components such as search strategy, sourcing, candidate qualification and candidate relationship management.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence as a strategic consultant.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills such as presentation, listening, and reporting.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Ability to plan long and short-term goals to meet business needs.
• Demonstrated experience in deep research and networking that support the consistent building of a talent pipeline.
• Ability to negotiate and provide candidates with an accurate overview of NYPA’s employer brand.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook.
Education, Experience and Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 3 years in-house / corporate experience required.
• Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems required.
• Experience with SuccessFactors preferred.
Approximately 10% travel primarily within NY State to NYPA facilities, Job Fairs and Campus recruiting events.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer