New York Power Authority Data Governance Analyst in White Plains, New York
NYPA is embarking on an Enterprise Data Governance Program to manage its “Data-As-An-Asset” and to maximize the value from data. This program focuses on enabling data stewardship, improving the quality of our data assets, increasing data security and protection, simplifying data integration and establishing better audit trail on data usage at NYPA.
The Data Governance Analyst will report to the Director of Data Governance at NYPA and support Data Governance operations at NYPA. The main purpose of the role is to assist in the development and operationalization of Data Governance policies and procedures andalso serve as the Product Owner for NYPA’s Data Governance Platform. This role will involve working closely with business users both to understand their data needs and support them through the delivery of new capabilities, workflows and features through NYPA’s Data Governance platform.
• Lead the development and implementation of new Data Governance Policies, Procedures and Standards within NYPA
• Collaborate with Data Governance team and business stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives around Data Governance
• Maintain NYPA’s Enterprise Data Catalog, by managing additions, updates and deletion of new data assets
• Perform identification, onboarding, transition and education of NYPA people for the defined Data Roles
• Serve as the product owner for NYPA’s Data Governance Platform
• Establish the Enterprise Data Catalog and enable shop-for-data functionality in the Data Governance Tool
• Create new as well as update existing workflows in the Data Governance tool
• Develop and manage the product roadmap for the development and enablement of new features, processes and workflows using the Data Governance Platform
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Enterprise Data Access Request mechanism across NYPA
• Prepare content and assist in the conduct of monthly Data Governance Committee meetings
• Lead training, communication and enterprise-wide education on Data Governance and the enablement of new policies, procedures & frameworks
• Manage NYPA’s Data Governance website content and create/post additional content periodically.
• Maintain NYPA Data Governance artefacts on internal SharePoint site and keep it current with the latest draft/approved documents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient with Microsoft tools – Powerpoint, Word and Excel
• Experience with Project Management and Agile (SCRUM) preferred
• Excellent verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills, and the ability to work in teams.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work, and a motivated self-starter Strong knowledge of Data Governance and Data Stewardship concepts and best practices
Education, Experience and Certifications
Minimum of 5+ years of data-related experience
Bachelors degree required preferrably in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science
Experience with data governance tools preferred (technical and business metadata, data quality, data profiling, and data lineage)
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.