Eversource Energy Transmission Regulatory Project Manager in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The Transmission Regulatory Project Manager will support Eversource’s Transmission business in various regulatory processes, including NEPOOL stakeholder processes, proceedings at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), proceedings across three state jurisdictions (CT, MA, NH). The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and supervise the preparation and support of policy positions and regulatory filings in partnership with various teams and managers. The Project Manager’s contributions will focus on new, emerging, and cross functional business initiatives across Eversource’s regulated jurisdictions. Examples of project areas include regulatory activity related to transmission planning, transmission cost allocation, energy market reforms, and clean energy integration.
- The Project Manager will be assigned to support several different NEPOOL and regulatory initiatives and proceedings and will be expected to work closely with a variety of staff, teams and managers.
- Will work under primary direction of the Manager, ISO Policy and Economic Analysis with secondary direction from Directors and seniorbased on projects to which they are assigned.
- Leads cross-functional analysis of ISO New England and NEPOOL stakeholder proposals for changes to tariffs, markets rules, planning procedures, and operating procedures. Develops proposed policy and/or voting positions and works with internal stakeholders to reach consensus on strategy
- Leads Eversource’s participation in FERC proceedings affecting electric transmission, including development of comments on proposed rule changes. Coordinate, align and prepare research, testimony and supporting exhibits as necessary to support Eversource’s policy positions. Manage preparation of responses to data requests. Work products must be able to withstand challenges from opposing parties.
- Strategically coordinate with ISO New England and other Transmission Owners when joint filings are required
- Manage project schedules to ensure adequate time for analysis, review, and coordination prior to submission of filings.
- Supports regulatory and policy research in support of regulatory activities..
- Develops written reports and presentations for all levels of management, including Senior Management
- Works effectively as a team with others in the organization including Engineering, Regulatory Financial, Legal, and Energy Supply.
Requires strong knowledge of regulatory, legislative, and industry trends in the energy sector and utility operations, including advances in technology and the resulting impact on the state and region.
- Experience and understanding with, particularly with respect to transmission planning and/or operations
- Demonstrated ability in working across functional / organizational boundaries is desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with concepts related to electric transmission and emerging utility technologies (e.g. distributed energy, grid modernization, storage, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience withISO/RTO processes andFERC open access transmission tariffs preferred.
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or closely-related discipline required. Master degree preferred.
- Experience :A minimum of 8 years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of educational background and relevant work experience
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs