Eversource Energy Transmission Cohort Program in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Eversource is a leader in enabling a clean energy future for New England. We are making significant investments in our electric transmission and distribution system to support the integration of clean energy resources such as solar and wind power, electric vehicles, and energy storage technologies.
The Transmission business transmits and distributes electricity from power generators to distribution centers, other electric utilities and customers. The transmission system includes lines and transformer stations, while the distribution system consists of lines, poles, meters and wiring that deliver the electricity to customers.
We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.
We are looking for talented individuals to help us continue enhancing New England’s largest energy delivery system and enabling a Clean Energy Future! Could this be you?
The Transmission Cohort Program is an 18-month rotational program designed to provide individuals hired with an opportunity for career development, training, and varied work experience. The program provides each individual an opportunity to gain experience working in areas of the Transmission business such as:
- Transmission Project Management
- Transmission Siting & Construction
- Transmission ISO Policy
- Transmission Compliance
- Transmission Project Controls
Individuals will be assigned a mentor for development and coaching while working in their developmental assignments. He/she will receive business area briefings and technical training to prepare for a successful career in Eversource’s Transmission Business.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Communications or related degree. Zero (0) to three (3) years’ related experience required. Proficient computer skills and good written and verbal communications skills plus good analytical skills are a must. Must be able to work in a team environment, hold a valid motor vehicle operator's license and be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
We are an award winning Fortune 500 company that provides competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription benefits, life, AD&D, disability insurance, outstanding retirement plans and paid time off.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary .
- Ability to travel to field locations
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs