Eversource Energy Supervisor, Contact Center in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for ensuring Eversource customers enjoy a top tier customer experience by leading our Customer Service Representatives in providing world class service. Ensures compliance with Company and regulatory policies and procedures, while fostering an engaging environment of going above and beyond for our customers in a 24/7 Contact Center setting. This professional position is responsible for the complete development of Eversource Customer Service Representatives through coaching and evaluative performance feedback, which maximizes customer satisfaction through sound business decision-making.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for providing world-class customer service.
- Be extraordinarily upbeat and professional in every interaction they have with their customers, direct reports, managers, and peers.
- Be enthusiastic for the job, have a positive mindset, and insists on making the most of every situation.
- Enjoy working in an environment of consistent innovation and change that moves at a progressive pace, while encouraging and developing others to excel in this environment.
- See the forest through the trees, refuse to work in a silo, and avoids saying “That’s not my job”.
- Be a self-driven front line leader who is not afraid to work hard to excel in everything they do.
- Enjoy tackling challenges of all kinds and develop innovative solutions to address those challenges.
- Be motivated, reliable, and persistent in order to achieve top notch customer satisfaction.
- Have strong ethics and integrity and be accountable for their actions as well as those of their team.
- Have a strong desire for personal and professional growth; constantly setting and achieving personal goals and challenges.
- Leads a team of approximately 15 Residential or Business Customer Service Representatives in delivering high quality service to Eversource customers, ensuring that every customer is delighted during every interaction while creating an environment that fosters teamwork and accountability.
- Engages in input that drives our Company towards our vision, leading others to do the same.
- Is directly accountable for ensuring exceptionally high individual CSR and center performance. This is achieved by being a visible presence on the contact center floor (at least 50% of the work week) engaging, evaluating, providing feedback and assisting Customer Service Representatives.
- Provides weekly feedback to all direct reports through quality and performance coaching sessions and side by side CSR observations.
- Handles escalated calls from customers, often involving complex and challenging situations, and resolves them to the customer’s satisfaction, while adhering to all company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with the Customer Resolutions Supervisor to analyze escalation trends, perform root cause analyses, and evaluate customer feedback to improve Customer Satisfaction and First Contact Resolution.
- Monitors inbound call volumes, individual and center performance and quality metrics, and customer feedback to ensure all company key performance indicator goals are met or exceeded.
- Interprets and analyzes Post Transaction, First Contact Resolution, and Voice of the Customer survey results to identify performance trends and areas of opportunity, and makes recommendations for policy and procedural changes to drive continuous improvement and increase customer satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with the Workforce Management team to ensure appropriate staffing needs and coverage and manage average handle time, after call work, and schedule adherence.
- Communicates Company strategy and goals in a positive and timely manner to all employees, and professionally communicates employees’ concerns, questions, and ideas to management.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and Company policies, and constantly looks for ways to improve business practices and policies to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Selects, trains, and develops new employees in the Contact Center using Eversource’s cutting edge recruiting and hiring process.
- Participates on and leads various project teams, as necessary.
- Participates in the on call supervisor rotation, and participates in and leads emergency/storm restoration events, as necessary.
- Completes mid-year and year-end performance reviews, as required, for direct reports.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with union contracts, as needed.
- Exercises sound judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
- Ability to work various schedules in a 24x7 contact center environment, as business needs dictate. Schedules will be rotational and will require flexibility regarding availability to work second shift and weekends, including during emergency and outage events, as required.
- Ability and desire to work extra hours as necessary, in order to ensure exceptional individual, contact center and business performance.
Requires familiarity with call center technology and telephony equipment, including ACD, IVR, Workforce Management and Quality Assurance tools. Demonstrate familiarity with Social Customer Care platforms as well as the ability to calculate and analyze, various call center management metrics. A high level of Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Requires advanced analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of eight (8) years of related customer service experience or five (5) years customer contact center experience with at least two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities. Previous supervisor or leadership experience strongly preferred. The ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
Please submit a copy of your resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Customer Service Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.