Eversource Energy Sourcing Agent-Energy Efficiency and Renewables in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Responsible for providing sourcing services to the Energy Efficiency and Renewables organization based on predefined service levels. The Sourcing Agent will execute a medium dollar and medium complexity sourcing project from start to finish that includes requirements analysis for the bid packages, communicating with the requesters to close any data gaps, publishing the package to the identified suppliers for bidding purposes, following up with the suppliers to ensure adequate participation, summarizing proposals back to the requestor with best evaluated award recommendations. The Sourcing Agent will be tasked with certain projects and negotiates the purchase of some materials, equipment but primarily services for medium to high dollar, medium complexity purchases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Initiate new projects based on high spend profile, potential for savings, upcoming contract expirations, and capital projects. Assists internal clients to specify needs and define supplier performance expectations. Analyzes and validate policies and practices driving demands.
- Gather and interpret market and competitive intelligence to advocate for efficient, less resource-intense processes, evaluate supplier capabilities and understand / prepare for emerging technology.
- Works with internal clients to periodically review supplier effectiveness; remain abreast of evolving internal client needs and keep clients aware of evolving market capabilities.
- Establish business cases supporting sourcing recommendations. Conducts negotiations with suppliers on pricing and contractual terms and conditions and develops contracts supporting our business requirements, including clearly defined service expectations/goods specifications, performance measurement practices and shortfall remedies.
- Engages client to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to client’s longer term business strategy.
- Plans sourcing events with business to manage contract end dates and allow for transition. Executes all stages of the sourcing process to meet timelines for the category team.
- Partner with internal clients to implement efficient ordering routines that include appropriate controls within operations. Assists departments implement sourcing changes, especially if moving to a new supplier and for more significant spends and services.
- Handles day to day administration of the contract process, executes amendments to contracts with oversight from Legal, monitors and maintains Certificates of Insurance. Manages contract administration, coordinates with end users and suppliers, and provides oversight and co-ordination with the business.
- Provide support for and adhere to all procurement policies and procedures and ensure compliance. Support all audit requests to maintain compliance to all corporate policies.
- Works with business partners on planned or in-process RFPs or contractual agreements
- Negotiates and executes medium dollar / complexity contracts.
Requires basic knowledge of procurement / sourcing, supply market trends and supplier economics.
Basic understanding of contract language terms and conditions as well as experience drafting contract agreements.
Solid understanding of business / financial principles.
Must possess the skills to interpret and analyze data in order to present and interpret outcomes.
Must be able to explain data to all end users and to identify sourcing opportunities from data.
Must be able to analyze contracts, terms and conditions, and ramifications of contractual verbiage as it relates to the product, service and supplier in question.
Full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems.
Strong problem solving, decision making, and influencing skills.
Strong negotiation skills.
Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills.
Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize against time sensitive deadlines.
Proficient skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
Minimum of three (3) years related procurement/supply chain experience. Demonstrated experience with strategic sourcing responsibilities for various commodities, both products and services, in operational procurement and sourcing.
Licenses & Certifications:
Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Six Sigma, Lean, Process or Project Management (PMP) certifications desirable.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing, typing and communicating. Up to 25% travel.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers through typing and writing. Reaching with hands and arms. Occasional standing, walking, stooping or bending.
Mental Aspects :
Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs