Eversource Energy Senior Real Estate Specialist in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Real Estate Specialist position leads the acquisition, disposition, leasing and licensing of real estate transactions and property rights, as well as provides day-to-day real estate management to ensure the real estate needs of the Company are met. The Senior Real Estate Specialist will coordinate the internal and external real estate resources required to support the business unit’s operation to assure public safety, reliability and maintain property rights.
- Serve as lead Eversource and department real estate representative possessing high level of expertise to accomplish complex transactions and special assignments.
- Analyzes real estate appraisals using the Market Data Approach, Cost Approach and the Income Approach to estimate the value of real estate sites.
- Leads development of standards and procedures to ensure that the Company’s acquisition, management, leasing, development and disposition practices consistently align with evolving business needs.
- Performs complex technical feasibility, financial and cost studies in preparation for obtaining property rights for specific projects and assigned service territories and prepares recommendations and action plans for purchases and leases.
- Develops and fosters fruitful business relationships and maintains direct contacts with key internal clients including, Operating Companies, and Corporate Center colleges; and key external stakeholders, customers and real estate professionals.
- Negotiates, drafts and administers leasing agreements, purchase/sale agreements, land options and related real estate contracts for the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real estate property rights associated with electric and gas utility needs to ensure transactions comply with all local, state and Federal requirements.
- Leads telecom leasing activities with internal team (legal, telecom engineering, electric operations, and accounting), and external stakeholders including PCS carriers and site acquisition and development consultants; and lead opportunities for sustained revenue growth.
- Provides real estate expertise to Eversource management, and internal organizations (legal, accounting, regulatory, community relations etc.), as well as external customers and real estate professionals, in supporting the accomplishment of complex transactions and special assignments.
- Assures timely corporate reporting, compliance with real estate requirements and contract terms in order to ensure compliance with contact terms and avoid default conditions.
- Leads real estate resources required to support the business unit’s operation, reduce costs and increase productivity. Requires working closely with internal Eversource disciplines (i.e. Facilities Management, Engineering, Asset Strategy etc.) to ensure delivery of real estate services to end-users.
- Serves as mentor to others within the department and lead real estate expert to colleagues across the Company.
- Hires and coordinates professional independent real estate consultant services and managing their work activities.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires knowledge of real estate techniques, procedures, principles and practices, transaction law, development and related environmental regulations. Ability to use system applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc). Ability to locate and interpret Registry and Municipal land records, survey plans and engineered plans. Ability to represent the Company before regulatory authorities. Possesses strong quantitative, qualitative and financial analysis skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, Economics, Engineering or equivalent experience. An advanced degree preferred.
Experience: A Minimum of eight (8) years in the real estate field and/or related utility operations.
Licenses & Certifications: Real Estate License, Real Estate Surveyor License, Engineer, Paralegal certificate, notary republic and related designations are a plus.
Number of Openings:
Real Estate Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor