Eversource Energy Senior Project Manager, Transmission (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
This is a hybrid role with the first three months in the office.
Eversource is looking for a Senior Project Manager, Transmission located in Westwood , MA . This person independently manages transmission projects inConnecticut/Massachusettsor New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. You will work closely with management personnel in Transmission Asset Management, Transmission Planning, Design, Land Planning, Construction and Test, Finance, Regulatory Relations, Legal, and Purchasing.
- Individual is assigned traditional projects requiring close stakeholder interaction such as large substation construction projects, new transmission line projects, major transmission facility expansion projects, or projects of medium/high complexity.
- Management of project will be monitored by the Manager of Transmission Projects or Manager-Construction and Maintenance Transmission.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, and medium to high financial risk exposure profile requiring management reportingcommunications.
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects are completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Works closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal, Regulatory Relations, Purchasing, Communications and all Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles andresponsibilities.
- In general, manages the planning, engineering, siting/permitting, procurement, construction, commissioning and close out project phases.
- Manages the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control methodology.
- Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
- Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules.
- Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment .
- Manages the development of and participates in the required regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
- Coordinates environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
- Ensures the timely preparation ISO-NE project submittals.
- Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material and support systems.
- Manages the development of required outage and energization plans.
- Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan project submittals.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals.
- Provides clear concise and comprehensive reports for management.
- High level of independent management of projects, capable of successfully managing projects from initiation to close out on time and within budget.
- Provides guidance to less experienced project management personnel.
- Takes a leadership role within the organization on group initiatives and process development.
- Prepares corporate testimony such as written responses for local, state, or federal regulatory proceedings.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write reports and make presentations.
- Possesses the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set priorities, define roles and responsibilities, and make decisions
- Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission projects concurrently.
- Self- starter with strong communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing skills.
- Individual leadership abilities, planning skills, decisiveness and customer focus.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
- Excellent leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
- Ability to develop skills to prepare presentations and expert witness testimony for local and state regulatory presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred) or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree is preferred; Project Management class work isdesirable
- Ten (10) years of related experience; to include at least three (3) years of Project Management experience
- Experience in the Construction of Transmission Lines is highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits :
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $135,000 - $150,000, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for a fill list ofbenefits.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Limited travel will be required between office, project sites, and stakeholder locations.
- Work will require visiting field construction sites including high voltage substations and utility Rights-of-Way.
- Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods, if necessary. Will also be assigned a storm/incident response role.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs