Eversource Energy Senior Program Manager (Transmission) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Provide leadership of the long-term Transmission capital program and Regulatory Response in the Transmission Project Performance department. This includes facilitating established processes across the Eversource three state electric transmission companies; identifying opportunities for process improvement; managing regulatory response processes; and interfacing with engineering, operations, major projects, and other key stakeholders, to support capital initiatives to improve system reliability.
- Lead annual and long-range capital investment portfolio planning process for Transmission
- Oversee the Transmission Rate Protocol Process and Response Strategy
- Provide support for Eversource Investor Relations
- Manages Transmission budget activities and initiatives
- Oversight of Transmission Capital and O&M departmental budgets
- Supports Project Lifecycle Team and the Capital Project Approval Process
- Identifies and implements process improvement initiatives
- QA assessments to support the Transmission Business department goals and initiatives
- Supports the development of capital programs to improve system reliability
- Leadership of teams responsible for key regulatory filings related to capital program
- Liaison between engineering, finance, transmission and distribution operations to maximize efficiency of capital budgeting process
- Prepares audits for responsible standards
- Provides regulatory support including answering interrogatories and preparation of witness testimony as required
- Strong leadership, facilitation and communication skills (including written, oral, and public speaking) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree or project management training is preferred.
- Minimum of (10) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience managing teams/projects, or investment planning initiatives .
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Job requires driving and traveling to service centers and other electric system sites.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, leading, and coordinating.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
- Extensive knowledge in electric industry compliance and regulatory affairs
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs