Eversource Energy Senior Front-end Software Engineer (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The Senior Front End Software Engineer works within the Application Development & Support team to provide complex software programming for new software, production support and maintenance for existing software, as well as ad-hoc support of key departmental initiatives which drive business functions.
This position will focus on designing and developing front-end components of new and existing web applications. This member of team will also help in integrating front-end components of complex web applications with its backend services.
- Translate static design content into responsive templates/assets.
- Design, code, test and maintain website content for desktop & mobile including homepages, landing pages, category banners, and new content assets.
- Troubleshoot front-end site functionality problems.
- Research & introduce best practices for responsive design for implementation on website.
- Provide effective communication of ideas/solutions to both technical and non-technical people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- 5+ years of software development in Enterprise web cloud applications experience
- 3+ years of experience with React JS
- Hands on experience with UI design tools such as Figma
- Working experience with Storybook, Carbon, ADA
- Experience with accessibility testing tools
- Knowledge of Java and integration with APIs/services using REST Automation technologies (e.g., Maven or Gradle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Ability to execute ADA and SEO best practices
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with React, Next.js and Node.js
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies
Compensation and Benefits
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $107,550.00 and the market rate is $121,500.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs