Eversource Energy Senior Financial Analyst in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position will be providing financial support, analysis and consultation to Electric Field Operations and assists in the monthly and annual reporting, as well as assessment of various projects on the financial results. In addition the Senior Financial Analyst will also be responsible for preparing, analyzing and reporting of the Consolidated Annual and Long Range Capital Plan. The position is responsible for the research, analysis, evaluation and preparation of reports and documents in support of new business opportunities, trends and strategic initiatives for the regulated and unregulated subsidiaries of Eversource. The assessment of data will sometimes involve financial and economic modeling of information critical in evaluating financial, operational and business needs as they relate to the long and short term operations and opportunities of the Company. The position will also research and develop new initiatives and assist with the communication of the analyses and associated strategies to the appropriate business organizations.
- Performs financial and economic analysis of new business opportunities for Eversource’s unregulated and regulated companies. Prepares reports and presentations for all levels of management, including the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provides financial and economic analysis to support Strategic Planning and other operating areas in their assessment of long term initiatives and opportunities. Prepares reports and presentations for all levels of management, including the Senior Leadership Team.
- Performs analysis to support activities in the planning function, including analysis of competitors, operational effectiveness and capacity utilization, as well as the assessment of trends related to the Company’s regulated and unregulated businesses.
- Creates financial and economic models of various scenarios to assist with current and future business planning decisions.
- Performs analyses of business operations metrics requiring a solid understanding of the energy services industry operations and the Company’s facilities and operations.
- Conducts extensive research, evaluation and analysis concerning prospective mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Responsible for researching and sourcing general market intelligence data and reporting data to various business unit projects.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires strong working knowledge of financial and economic methodologies and theories, as well as the ability to understand the financial impact of business decisions. Also requires strong analytical, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills. Requires effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Access, and other programs within the Microsoft Suite).
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years related regulated and non-regulated work experience, including energy consulting; financial analysis, policies and standards; merger and acquisition assessments and negotiations; and generally accepted accounting principals. Also requires energy industry experience
Approved By: ________________________________ Date:________________________________
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs