Eversource Energy Senior Estimator-Transmission in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position can sit in Westwood Ma., or Hartford CT.
Senior Estimator is responsible for developing estimates across the Eversource three-state area. Responsible for ensuring that detailed scope for major projects is identified and documented to support accurate and timely cost estimates. In addition, this position supports the evaluation of cost estimates vs. actual project costs, identifying process improvements to drive improved accuracy for cost estimates. Individual must collaborate with estimate stake holders which include System Planning, Engineering, Standards, Major Projects, Procurement, Siting, Environmental, etc. to ensure cost estimates consider the various risks and challenges experienced with constructing major projects in the electric industry.
- Development of estimates for major projects (typically over $1M).
- Support standardization of cost estimating templates across the three-state territory to ensure consistency and efficiency for developing cost estimates.
- Develop strong collaboration with discipline engineering and support services to ensure accurate and complete cost estimates.
- Identification and quantification of project risks and associated risk/contingency cost impacts and clarifications.
- Ability to present estimates to mgmt. in the review process.
- Utilize industry best practices for incorporating direct costs, indirect costs, support cost and overheads into project estimates.
- Support cost estimating tools and databases to ensure estimates are well documented and updated based on project actuals.
- Support process improvement program for tools and metrics to measure cost estimate accuracy, man-hour estimates to actuals, speed accuracy and cost to develop estimates, and ensure evolve estimate precision based on historical project estimates vs. actuals.
- Support QA/QC measures to ensure coordination and process improvement with other stakeholders including Major Projects, Engineering, Operations, etc.
- Knowledge of transmission and substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Project Accounting System Knowledge (Power Plan – FSSP)
- Comprehensive Electric Industry Estimating Knowledge and Experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word. Experience with an estimating system desirable.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project estimating, or similar is required. A focus in electrical engineering or estimating is preferred. An advanced degree Engineering or Business Administration is desirable.
- Minimum of eight (8) years in the technical, operational, estimating or engineering aspects of the electrical utility/construction industry. Four (4) years’ experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Job can require traveling to substations and right-of-ways to support estimate development across the Eversource territory.
On call Storm Duty assignment as needed.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs