Eversource Energy Senior Electrical Engineer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
POSITION : 1- Engineer Gr. 4
DEPARTMENT : Distribution Standards Engineering
LOCATION : Westwood, MA
RATES OF PAY : $61.54 p/hr CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS : 7:00AM – 3:30PM
SCHEDULE : M-F
**Union Represented Position**
The Engineer Gr. 4, supports the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Standards organization through the creation and updating of documentation, supporting Equipment and Material supply chain processes, as well as providing technical support with design, construction and work procedure question and needs. The T&D Standards Engineer reviews and updates existing, or creates new, documentation, including Work Method Standards, Construction Standards and other required communication documentation for the Field, Design Engineering, and other groups. The Engineer supports Operations and Engineering by ensuring the necessary Equipment and Materials are available for use. This may require equipment and material baselines and evaluations, technical drawing reviews, and new equipment and technology research and development. Existing equipment and material may also require investigations due to experiences with failures or non-conformances, which may include failure root cause investigations, determination of extent of condition and identification of alternatives. Works with Engineering, Operations, Training, Procurements and Materials Management to ensure standards are accurate, efficient, understood, utilized, and adhered to.
Engineers must effectively coordinate their work activities with others such as: engineers or others working on the same projects; personnel of other departments; representatives of consulting engineering firms, municipalities, other utilities, manufacturers, customers, contractors; contractors’ employees engaged in related activities.
It will be essential for Engineers engaged in certain activities involving other departments to acquire familiarity with any applicable rules and procedures established by those departments such as permitting and tagging procedures, Safety Rules as described in the Incident Prevention Manual and the related routines of other departments associated with the area’s work.
Engineers are responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive performance of the work.
Engineers must ensure that all proper tools, equipment, and material are available for job assignments and that said equipment and materials are utilized properly, including material returns to inventory.
1. Engineering education as evidenced by a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (BSECE), Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Technology (BSET), Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanic Engineering (BSME), Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSMET) or Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE).
2. Must have five years of experience related to the responsibilities of this area of Engineering.
3. Must have demonstrated personality traits such as accuracy, initiative, judgment, originality, and attention to detail.
4. Must have demonstrated qualities of leadership and the ability to plan work for, to coordinate and direct the activities of, and to work with individuals and groups engaged in engineering and technical activities.
5. Requires thorough knowledge or experience with MS Excel and MS Office.
6. Power Distribution experience (Underground and Overhead) is highly desirable.
7. Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicles.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs