Eversource Energy Senior Electrical Engineer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
POSITION : EngineerGr. 4
DEPARTMENT : SystemControl & Protection Engineering
LOCATION : Westwood, MA
RATE OF PAY : $59.75
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS : 7:00AM – 3:30PM
SCHEDULE : M-F
**This is a Union Represented Position**
The title Engineer designates employees whose responsibilities and duties require professional knowledge and aptitude for creative thinking in some specific field of engineering, such as electrical, electronic, mechanical, chemical, civil, heating and ventilation, or structural and whose activities are in connection with engineering construction, operation or maintenance assignments, or other technical work of the Company.
Engineers must effectively coordinate their work activities with others such as: engineers or others working on the same projects; personnel of other departments; representatives of consulting engineering firms, municipalities, other utilities, manufacturers, customers, contractors; contractors’ employees engaged in related activities.
It will be essential for Engineers engaged in certain activities involving other departments to acquire familiarity with any applicable rules and procedures established by those departments such as permitting and tagging procedures, Safety Rules as described in the Incident Prevention Manual and the related routines of other departments associated with the area’s work.
Engineers are responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive performance of the work.
Engineers must ensure that all proper tools, equipment, and material are available for job assignments and that said equipment and materials are utilized properly, including material returns to inventory.
MININUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Licenses & Certifications : Must pass the minimum physical requirements as prescribed by Eversource. The incumbent must have corrective vision, normal color perception, hearing and a sense of smell. Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicles. Must possess or be willing and able to obtain the appropriate drivers license and Eversource qualification to operate motor vehicles of any class and type required by the company based on departmental needs.
1. Engineering education as evidenced by a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (BSECE).
2. Must have demonstrated, capabilities not normally developed in less then 5 years’ service, for performing complex and diversified work activities with a high degree of proficiency andresponsibility.
3. Must have demonstrated personality traits such as accuracy, initiative, judgment, originality and attention to detail.
4. Must have demonstrated qualities of leadership and the ability to plan work for, to coordinate and direct the activities of, and to work with individuals and groups engaged in engineering and technical activities.
5. Driver's License required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs