Eversource Energy Senior Consultant, Talent and Organization Development in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
As a senior level individual contributor, this position partners with the Human Resources (HR) team and line management to plan, design, develop and deliver talent management initiatives, including those related to leadership development, employee engagement, culture, and diversity, equity and inclusion. Position will focus on talent management and succession planning, leadership and team development, coaching, assessment, employee engagement and the use of the appropriate talent management, team and leadership tools and practices to lead leaders, teams and organization to drive performance excellence. Ensures that corporate-wide engagement, talent and development initiatives support the overall business strategy and plan. This position also translates high level, corporate strategies and goals into practical, grounded solutions that are relevant to the business and audience. Partners with the HR team to understand business requirements and to customize or develop programs for local implementation. Ensures that business area development activities and practices are aligned with corporate vision, mission, and plans. Serves as the lead on the development and implementation plan for cross-functional, strategic projects that build an engaged workplace and performance culture as well as exceed customer expectations, drive efficiency and ensure cost effectiveness. Ccustomizes or develops programs, as required, for local implementation. Stays abreast of current trends and best practices and shares information and insights with the HR team and the business.
- Designs, develops, implements, and administers corporate wide talent management, talent development, and culture initiatives and programs that support corporate business strategy and plan.
- Establishes ongoing processes and programs to ensure continuity of leadership talent across the organization (i.e., high potential talent development, leadership development).
- Recommends relevant and practical talent development solutions in line with key business goals and talent development model.
- Designs, develops, delivers and facilitates programs that build employee and organizational effectiveness including those related to culture, employee engagement, employee and leadership development, performance management, change management and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external consultants to support line management and HR business unit teams by identifying appropriate internal/external resources for the design, development, delivery and evaluation of business unit specific interventions (i.e., training programs, team building, etc.).
- Collaborates with line management, HR teams and/or external consultants to identify business problems/opportunities and to assess related requirements for meeting organization and talent objectives and business performance improvement. Conducts analysis to diagnose performance needs. Prepares and presents recommendations and proposals to address gaps. Designs, develops and implements interventions. Creates evaluation tools to measure the impact of performance improvement/change initiatives and provides corporate reporting on results.
- Works collaboratively with line and other HR team members to identify corporate and business unit level opportunities to improve business results and create and deliver integrated HR solutions. Provides train-the-trainer/coaching to line management to build their ownership and ability to manage their human resources more effectively.
- Acts as liaison and advisor to the organization's leadership and facilitates initiatives across the organization
- Incorporates concepts of diversity, inclusion and equity the design and delivery of all initiatives.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of organization development theory, practices, and process management tools.
- Requires knowledge of change management theory and techniques, as well as principals, methods and procedures used in organizational problem solving.
- Strong written, oral communications, presentation, interactive and facilitation skills required.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Education, Psychology, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years internal/external consulting experience in multiple areas: organizational change, training and development, leadership, and performance management.
- Experience working at all levels of an organization, including senior management, and in devising and implementing integrated organizational change strategies.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting, standing and climbing stairs.
- Job requires driving and traveling to remote service centers in multiple states.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, facilitating, leading, coordinating and administering.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs