Eversource Energy Senior Analyst, Project Cost, Transmission in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)In this role you will monitor, maintain and report on budgets, contracts and other financial issues for Eversource Transmission projects in the Eversource Transmission Project Management Organization. You will obtain, provide and implement information and recommendations to meet project goals and positively influence project direction. You will perform cost forecasting, monitoring and control activities including the preparation of cost performance and productivity. You will work with project estimates and cash flow/budgets to monitor and communicate status and completion costs for projects and individual contractors. You will evaluate and report the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes and recommend corrective actions, as necessary. You will understand and apply project management theories and methodologies and utilize a variety of related project control tools.
- Works with project estimates and cash flow/budgets to monitor and communicate status, variances, trends and completion costs for projects and individual contractors. Reports corrective action, as necessary.
- Assists in the review of bid specifications, change orders, invoices and performance for vendors, contractors and material contracts. Evaluates and reports the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of project work orders or purchase orders as required.
- Provides cost engineering liaison and interface for projects with financial and tax departments, Plant and General Accounting and Eversource Purchasing and Stores.
- Evaluates and reports the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes.
- Compares and evaluates cost of similar projects with other utilities to provide an analysis of Eversource performance compared with other utilities (benchmarking).
- Provides actual man-hour, quantity and productivity input to Planning and Scheduling to assist in identifying project forecasted activity durations.
- Establishes and maintains a Project Cost Commitment Program which monitors actual vs. estimated cost of purchase orders.
- Prepares monthly un-vouchered liabilities to ensure that all liabilities are properly reflected on the Company's financial statements to ensure accurate filling with numerous regulatory agencies. Reconciles error suspense corrections as required.
- Competency in Eversource's accounting methods and budgeting process and systems including MIBS, MIDSS, MIMS, UVLs and Microsoft software, especially Excel, is desirable.
- Familiarity with the "Project Management Institute's Body of Knowledge" is highly desirable.
- Baccalaureate degree or the equivalent is required
- Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in cost engineering is required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs