Eversource Energy Securities & Finance Counsel in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Provides advice and transactional legal services to Eversource personnel and management. Represents Eversource in commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Represents Eversource before regulatory agencies. Prepares and reviews day-to-day contracts and other transactional documents. Contributes by assuring protection of Eversource’s interests in commercial transactions and by maximizing recoveries/minimizing loss exposure in litigation of regulatory proceedings.
Eversource has an opening for an attorney with 5+ years of broad corporate and securities experience, with a concentration in securities laws matters, especially ’34 Act reporting and disclosure. The successful candidate will:
- Play a key role in drafting and advising on filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including ’34 Act periodic reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, ’33 Act registration statements on Forms S-3 and S-8, proxy statements, and Section 16 filings, and ensuring compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations.
- Advise senior management on disclosure matters, including coordinating the review of earnings and other press releases, presentations, significant internal communications and other announcements.
- Advise the Treasury department on securities transactions, including underwritten debt and equity offerings, private placements, loan agreements, pension management and other Treasury matters.
- Assist in the preparation of Section 16 and Rule 144 filings and advising directors and executive officers.
- Assist in general corporate and commercial matters, including reviewing and negotiating contracts, supporting business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, asset and stock purchases, and joint venture arrangements.
- Provide support on matters relating to the board of directors and senior management, including with respect to the annual meeting of stockholders, corporate governance matters and legal entity management.
- Provide legal counsel on a diverse range of matters related to day-to-day operations of the Company, including investor relations, finance, treasury, internal audit and compliance efforts, including the development and ongoing review of policies and procedures and the implementation of training initiatives.
- The following experience is helpful but not necessary:
- Executive compensation matters, including incentive plans and programs, equity administration and related public company disclosure considerations.
- Environmental, social and governance initiatives.
- Requires complex organizational and analytical skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Email).
- Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctorate Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years in a law firm or corporate legal department
Licenses & Certifications:
- Membership in Massachusetts; Connecticut; and /or New Hampshire and Federal Bars
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with occasional time spent in field (right-of-way, take station, e.g.,) and in court or before administrative agencies, as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes involvement in time-sensitive projects having an appreciable impact on Eversource’s success. Involved, at times, in frequent adversarial/confrontational situations.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Eversource Energy offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary rage for this role is $132,100 to $146,780, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Please check our career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs