Eversource Energy SCADA Software Engineer (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This role is responsible for the administration and support of SCADA EMS/DMS technologies/applications used by Transmission and Distribution Operations at Eversource.The selected candidate will ensure stable performance for the real time systems environment through performance monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning.They will also performcapacity planning, and performance predictions based on the growth of devices in the field and plan and implements major software upgrades.
- Analyzes business/technical and related needs and propose suitable solutions
- Creates processes and tools to enhance and streamline support and maintenance
- Creates revisions to existing programs, systems and procedures
- Works with vendors and Operations to maintain and implement changes to existing systems/software
- Works with vendors and Operations to plan, install and deploy new solutions
- Responsible for troubleshooting, correcting deficiencies and providing situational awareness
- Coordinates and monitors requests, from other IT departments like IT Security, IT Networking and IT Firewalls, as part of new deployments
- Minimum of three (3) years of directly related SCADA experience
- Good understanding of IT real time mission critical environment involving applications such as Energy Management Systems (EMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distribution Management System (DMS).
- Knowledge of EMS/DMS product suite and technology, preferably GE but no limited to
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrate strong customer focus, team membership and communication skills
- Desire to learn and apply new skills are required
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training
Compensation and Benefits
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $116,780.00 and the market rate is $129,750.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs