Eversource Energy Regulatory Financial Analyst (Electric & Gas Public Utilities) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
We have a unique opportunity to join our growing Revenue Requirements team as a Regulatory Financial Analyst. The regulatory and revenue requirements team works to ensure a fair financial balance among the interests of regulators, customers, and shareholders through various legal proceedings in the state of Massachusetts.
The role of a regulatory financial analyst is a non-traditional accounting/finance role where you will be working cross functionally to support regulatory filings submitted to the Department of Public Utilities (“DPU”). As a regulatory financial analyst, you will be responsible for reconciling revenues and expenses used in various cost tracking mechanisms. You will prepare schedules to be included in distribution regulatory filings for the Eversource electric and gas operating companies of Massachusetts. You will play a key role in driving regulatory strategy, supporting information requests and questions received from the DPU, Attorney General’s Office (“AGO”) and other stakeholders, while supporting the expert witnesses testifying to each filing.
Our team is at the center of ensuring Eversource is compliant with the regulatory requirements in Massachusetts as a public utility company – we offer a great career growth within our team and company.
The role is a hybrid role based in Westwood, MA for two days a week and remotely for 3 days a week .
- Responsible for compiling financial and accounting information related to revenue filings submitted with the state regulator, the MA DPU.
Supports the testimony of the expert witness (representing the Company) before the DPU on topics covering a multitude of regulatory issues, such as reconciling filings (or cost trackers) related to:
- Grid Modernization Plans
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure Programs
- Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Programs
- Battery/Energy Storage Programs
- Geothermal Programs
- Distribution rate cases
- Storm Cost Recovery
- Low Income Arrearage Forgiveness and Residential Assistance Programs
- Basic Service and Transition Charges
- Cost of Gas Adjustments
- Gas System Enhancement Programs
- Eversource annual budget and business plan forecasts for the above-mentioned programs
- Communicates complex issues and results of financial analysis in terms that are accessible for relevant internal and external stakeholders (management, external counsel, AGO, DPU)
- Prepares and owns work papers in support of company filings and information requests received from various internal and external stakeholders.
- Docket management of regulatory proceedings to ensure deadlines are known and met
- Contributes to streamlining or improving existing procedures and eliminating or replacing outdated processes
- Identifies and raises to manager any potential regulatory risks, impediments, and communicates progress against goals
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends and industry-related legislation pertinent to the business area
- Ability to work in an operating environment that requires both the understanding and the appropriate application of generally accepted accounting and economic principles andratemaking/regulatoryprinciples
- The Analyst must be comfortable interacting with third parties such as lawyers, consultants, and regulatory staff in multiple states, and peers within industry
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in order to meet regulatory deadlines
Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory and financial principles
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to assess situations and reach conclusions objectively
- Strong teaming skills, is eager to learn, contribute and collaborate to support the achievement regulatory compliance
- Strong time management and organization skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, see your responsibilities through to their conclusion
- Microsoft Excel advanced skills required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or closely-related discipline required.
- Position is available for both entry-level and experienced analysts.
- 3+ years business, finance, accounting, legal, or related experience for an Analyst level.
Preferred Experience, Not Required :
- Application of revenue requirements theory as well as the applicable regulations pertaining to Eversource cost tracking mechanisms.
- Understanding of deferred accounting principles for public utilities
- Understanding of the concepts related to rate base and operating income as they pertain to the Companies’ return on equity
- Accounting research techniques
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs