Eversource Energy Real Estate Specialist in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position performs or assists in the acquisition, disposition, leasing and licensing of real estate, as well as provides day-to-day real estate management to ensure the real estate needs of the company are met. Coordinates the real estate resources required to support the business unit’s operation to assure public safety, reliability and maintain property rights.
- Analyzes real estate appraisals using the Market Data Approach, Cost Approach and the Income Approach to estimate the value of real estate sites.
- Involved with development of standards and procedures to ensure that the Company’s acquisition, management, leasing, development and disposition practices consistently align with evolving business needs.
- Performs technical feasibility, financial and cost studies in preparation for obtaining property rights for specific projects and assigned service territories, and prepares recommendations and action plans for purchases and leases.
- Negotiates drafts and administers leasing agreements, purchase/sale agreements, land options and related real estate contracts for the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real estate property rights associated with electric and gas utility needs.
- Coordinates telecom leasing activities with internal team (legal, telecom engineering, electric operations, and accounting), and external stakeholders including PCS carriers and site acquisition and development consultants.
- Provides real estate information and knowledge to real estate management, and internal organizations (legal, accounting, regulatory, community relations etc…) , as well as external customers and real estate professionals, in supporting the accomplishment of complex transactions and special assignments.
- Develops and fosters beneficial working relationships with key internal clients and external stakeholders.
- Assists in ensuring timely corporate reporting, compliance with real estate requirements and contract terms in order to ensure the avoidance of default conditions.
- Coordinates the real estate resources required to support the business unit’s operation, reduce costs and increase productivity. Requires working closely with internal Eversource disciplines (i.e. Facilities, Environmental, Engineering, Asset Strategy etc…) to ensure delivery of real estate services to end-users.
- Assists in hiring and coordinating professional independent real estate consultant services and managing their work activities.
Requires knowledge of real estate techniques, procedures, principles and practices, transaction law, development and related environmental regulations. Ability to use system applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc…). Ability to work effectively in team environment or individually as deemed necessary. Ability to locate and interpret Registry and Municipal land records, survey plans and engineered plans.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, Economics, Engineering or equivalent experience.
Experience: Zero to five (5) years in the real estate field and/or related utility operations.
Licenses & Certifications: Real Estate License, Real Estate Surveyor License, Engineer, Paralegal certificate, notary republic and related designations are a plus.
Analytical Thinking Taking a logical approach to analyzing problems, developing solutions and organizing work.
Customer Focus Anticipating and working to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Flexibility Remaining open-minded when presented with new information and adjusting positively to change.
Information Seeking Continually scans the environment for new information and business strategies.
Organizational Commitment Puts company’s long-term success above personal success.
Teamwork Facilitating cooperation within and across functions in order to achieve common goals.
The Real Estate Specialist position is a professional staff position. While the position is assigned to the real estate office, it requires off-site meetings and fieldwork to be conducted throughout its service territory.May require attendance at governmental and regulatory meetings during normal and after business hours.
Mental and Physical Aspects:
Must be able to work independently. Have an ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks at one time. Must possess strong communication skill, be an effective negotiator to obtain a successful resolve for the Company. Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and others, as well as independently. Must possess confidence and decisiveness demonstrating self- assurance in one’s ideas, judgments and capabilities. Must be confident in taking clear timely action in situations that require it.
Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs