Eversource Energy Project Manager, Lifecycle Optimization in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Manage transmission strategic projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Work closely with other project managers and personnel throughout the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit and construct assigned projects to ensure strategic goals and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for management of all strategic, 3-year exemption and RFP transmission projects by working closely with project managers within the Transmission Organization to ensure all phases are completed efficiently within scope, budget and on schedule
- Responsible for all aspects of the strategic projects from initiation, engineering, siting, procurement and execution (beginning to end of the project lifecycle)
- Manages the development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control methodology
- Monitors project performance and makes recommendations for improvements in order to meet project commitments
- Ensures the timely preparation of regulatory project submittals (ISO, Siting, Environmental)
- Provides periodic updates to Eversource senior management on project performance and regulatory compliance
- Provides clear concise and comprehensive reports for management
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write effective reports and make presentations.
- Possess the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set and manage priorities, define roles and responsibilities and make decisions.
- Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission projects concurrently.
- Self-starter with effective communication skills, including active listening, speaking and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree and Project Management class work are desirable
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years related strategic project management experience required
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies is highly desirable
Licenses & Certifications:
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) License and formal project management (PMP) certification are highly desirable
- Six Sigma Certification (Black Belt) a plus
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Limited travel will be required between office, project sites and stakeholder locations
Mental Aspects :
- Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting.
This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Demonstrates self-assurance in one’s ideas, judgments and capabilities and takes clear timely action as required.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs