Eversource Energy Program Manager, Substation Analytics in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will develop road-maps of Substation data analytics for Eversource in support of Asset and Grid Engineering and Performance Management. Individual will lead the execution of Asset and Grid performance models and digitalization. Individual will closely partner and interact with internal and external stakeholders to support learning and development of best practices. Individual will also will lead cross functional and company teams on current and developing Substation and Transmission Engineering trends in the industry.
- Creates development road-maps for Substation Data Analytics and support of Asset and Grid engineering and performance management
- Supports in design and execution of Asset and Grid performance models, and Digitization.
- Data mining and exploration, interface, models and systems utilizing multiple data sets
- Supports Learning System to develop next level of sharing best practices within engineering community.
- Leads initiative to develop “machine learning systems” for proactive (predictive – prescriptive management)
Works with SMEs within Eversource and overall industry, to help address the most complex and strategic issues
Provides power system know-how, industry outreach, and analytics support
Provides leadership in formulating specific cases for advanced analytics including performance monitoring and operational insights supports thermal, mechanical and electrical failure mode analysis using Asset and Substation Data
Collaborates with industry leadership and scientists to advance the state of the art for advanced analytics and Artificial Intelligence, help develop technology road-map and model development and maintenance for future application and cases
- Works with IT team to address specific requirements for Machine Learning – Artificial Intelligence and develop software tools and architecture
- Provides thought-leadership and insights in technical conferences, and publications to position Eversource at the forefront of utilities digital journey and mind-share
- Works with engineering, asset management, and planning team, as well external organizations to attract funding and/or participate in collaborative analytics projects with industry
- Focus is to tie various opportunities with business cases to maximize ROI and overall business contribution through lead or support in various application of: intelligent overloading, dynamic ratings, failure mode and incipient faults, cyber and physical security enhancement, online testing/parameter estimation, performance monitoring and insights, opportunities in digital substations, leverage IED and SCADA data for failure prediction, asset or outage management, etc.
- Knowledge of the complex industry trends, and advanced solutions
- Capable of working in a multi-cultural environment driving team performance
- Disciplined, structured, and high committed to the results
- External customer focus
- Able to work in project organizations, engage and motivate people in different cultures.
- Knowledge of power systems equipment failure
- Excellent understanding of electro-mechanical-thermal failure modes and theoretical understanding of electro-mechanical phenomena
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Engineering Degree, (MSc, or PhD) preferred
Five to eight years related experience in Engineering analytics, modeling, SCADA systems, Artificial Intelligence,
Licenses & Certifications:
PE License preferred
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs