Eversource Energy Program Manager, Engineering in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Individual will be regarded as a technical project manager and principally responsible for delivery (scope, schedule and budget) of the operational technology systems that will be primarily focused on Distribution Management System across Eversource’s electric operations control centers. The role will involve development, tracking and driving project schedule and ensuring successful execution of the project that aligns with enterprise-wide Operational Technology strategy. This role also includes coordinating with numerous internal stakeholders involved in project design, planning, execution, commissioning and end-state operations of the Distribution Management System.
Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will be regarded as a technical project manager and principally responsible for delivery (scope, schedule and budget) of the operational technology systems that will be primarily focused on Distribution Management System across Eversource’s electric operations control centers. The role will involve development, tracking and driving project schedule and ensuring successful execution of the project that aligns with enterprise-wide Operational Technology strategy. This role also includes coordinating with numerous internal stakeholders involved in project design, planning, execution, commissioning and end-state operations of the Distribution Management System.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading both Engineering, Operations and IT team members. This individual will be responsible for planning and execution of both Operations and IT tasks throughout the project lifecycle and for ensuring the project adheres to the IT PMO project methodology, producing high-quality deliverables and reporting into the IT PMO for project quality and status reporting.
Individual will be self-driven and highly motivated, with the proven ability to lead a team through the development and execution of this operations critical IT system. Individual will collaborate with other managers and employees across the organization to ensure effectiveness, consistency and teamwork.
Individual is expected to perform as a professional project manager, with the expectation for timely identification of risk, issues and decisions to be made, and will have the ability to prioritize between competing project and stakeholders needs to achieve a measurable success.
Individual will work closely with employees and management from System Operations, Engineering, I.T. (Real Time Systems, Security, PMO), Operations, Finance, Communication, Community Relations, Regulatory, Legal, and Procurement
- Lead Engineering, System Operations and IT technical project team to successful execution of the Distribution Management System project
- Manage resources of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. Develop efficient project strategies and tactics to successfully allocate resources throughout the project lifecycle.
- Meet with stakeholders and steering committee as needed to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Monitors risks, issues and interdependencies that may impact scope, milestone schedule, cost, or solution alignment (e.g. different processes or architectures)
- Oversee development of project approval documentation with need statement, scope, description of technical solution, alternatives considered, risks and mitigations, budget and timeline.
- Continuously manage and analyze project’s progress against budget, schedule and scope and develop and implement strategies to maintain course including management of change control process.
- Prepare and deliver both written and oral communications that are clear, concise and comprehensive reports on project status to management.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of all project submittals.
- Initiate and tightly monitor project change request documentation for project changes.
- Maintain project budget and provide regular financial projections.
- Will be required to support Emergency Restoration efforts throughout the Eversource service territory.
- Fully knowledgeable and proficient in all aspects of the project management Body of Knowledge and PMI certification in preferred.
- Experienced in successfully managing large complex Operational Technology projects with multiple tracks and be able to cite practical examples of this including example deliverables
- Experienced with Microsoft Project software as preferred software tool for project management
- high energy, detail-oriented individual who will demonstrate: high caliber communication, leadership and people skills; strong organizational skills; and the ability to successfully initiate, track, report and close projects.
- Able to collaborate and coordinate activities with diverse groups, including stakeholders, sponsors, leads, vendors, other project managers, and technical staff; possess a strong process orientation including producing high quality documentation artifacts; and a sound working understanding of IT concepts and the IT design & delivery life cycle.
- Basic understanding of electrical distribution system operations, including but not limited to SCADA systems, EMS, OMS, iTOA, switching and tagging processes, emergency response, electrical connectivity, , distributed energy resources, communication infrastructure (i.e. point-to-point, radio/cellular, fiber, SCADA, etc), technical communications protocols and device interoperability (i.e RTU/RTAC, DNP3, D200/D20MX, JMUX, relays, field device controllers, etc), operator training.
- Understanding of existing and cutting-edge electric distribution technology and operations; must have experience in managing projects in the electric distribution industry.
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Highly developed communication skills, (i.e. the ability to listen, write clearly and concisely, make presentations before senior management & external stakeholders, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and able to work effectively with all levels within Eversource, government agencies and outside organizations).
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze project information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations and decisions.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience managing teams and projects related to the delivery of an Operational Technology system.
- Knowledge of and experience with electric distribution system operations required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Travel to office locations in MA, CT and NH will be required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs