Eversource Energy Program Analyst, Grid Modernization (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)In this role you will be responsible for tracking and reporting of multiple projects included in the Eversource Grid Modernization investment portfolio. Projects will be related to substation upgrades, distribution monitoring and control, distribution automation, load flow analysis, voltage optimization, and many other exciting projects that advance a modern electric grid. Individual will make direct contributions to help Eversource meet its aggressive grid modernization and greenhouse gas emission goals.
Individual will coordinate collection and management of data for all projects in the grid modernization portfolio related to project development and execution, including financial data; project milestone adherence; risk assessment and implementation; and performance metrics. Individual will develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal management and support all regulatory reporting requirements. The role will involve communications with numerous stakeholders involved in project design, planning, execution, and executive oversight. Individual will be self-driven and highly motivated, with the proven ability to track multiple projects simultaneously. This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full time in the office.
- Coordinates collection and management of data for all projects within Eversource’s grid modernization portfolio related to project development and execution, including financial data; project milestone adherence; risk assessment and implementation; and performance metrics.
- Develops monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal management and external reports.
- Supports all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Works closely with employees and management from Engineering, System Operations, IT, Finance, and Corporate Performance Management to implement and track grid modernization projects.
- Extracts data and creates reports from multiple databases to aid in project controls and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Performs “deep dives” when data or results do not match expectations
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, statistical, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with budgeting and accounting concepts.
- Familiarity with project management principles and practices.
- Well-developed communication skills, (e.g., the ability to listen, write clearly, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive).
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues internal and external to Eversource.
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze project information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations and decisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, charts, and building functions required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI, Access, Word, and Power Point, preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Administration, or the equivalent in combined education and experience is required.
Three to five years related experience. Experience in the utility industry ideal but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $77,490 and the market rate is $86,100 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Travel to office locations in eastern and western MA, and occasionally to CT and NH, will be required.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment and requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing, typing, speaking, and presenting to individuals and groups.
- Work involves extensive use of a computer and significant interaction with individual at all levels of the organization and groups from many different business areas.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs