Eversource Energy Manager, System Resiliency in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)T
Role and Scope of Position:
The System Resiliency and Reliability Manager provides strategic direction and leadership for continuous System performance monitoring and reliability analytics, which result in the development of System Resiliency Programs, including decision support tools, process development, process implementation through development and management of teams in matrix organization, as well as results measurement and analysis. The Individual will manage the development, execution and monitoring of the following program aspects for Eversource CT, MA and NH: budget, schedule, regulatory filings, data and forensics analysis, reliability measurements, as well as program communication outreach coordination with Communication, Media and Community relations departments.
The Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the System Resiliency Programs identified through the work prioritization process, while defining and implementing methods for the evaluation of the effectiveness of hardening techniques to maximize the expected reliability benefits from system hardening investments. The Individual will take organizational lead of the development of strategy and techniques to demonstrate measurable program results that are sustainable over time, while resulting in continuous improvement year over year in the process as a whole.
- Develops and coordinates program schedule, budgets and cash flows and will continually monitor project planning, engineering, design, procurement and construction activities as related to project cost and schedule control.
- Integration of schedule, cost and budget data from multiple resources and will analyze progress and forecast year end targets.
- Leads team to analyze performance and provide recommendations as well as propose potential mitigation techniques in a timely manner to maintain alignment to project targets should variances arise.
- Leads team to create tri-state reliability programs to improve performance. Perform cost benefit analysis to determine the positive impact of programs and opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for managing the development of several yearly regulatory filings and will ensure compliance with regulator orders and requirements.
- Coordinate regulatory interrogatories assignments to subject matter experts, answer interrogatories, track responses and ensure information accuracy.
- Leads the team and development of the System Resiliency Program, processes and tools will require dynamic leadership to ensure the chosen framework reflects industry best practices. Oversees, coordinates and facilitates all benchmarking within Eversource’s operating companies and to and from external organizations.
- Supports the analysis and tracking of distribution and substation equipment failure reports, performance of additional investigation and testing as necessary, and implementation of necessary corrective measures; supports the coordination of these activities with the field, Purchasing and Stores functions and others; and provides records and statistical reports in support of these activities.
- Serves during emergency restoration efforts.
- Thorough knowledge of electric distribution and transmission systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of local, state and national codes, regulations and policies, governing the construction, operation and maintenance of electric systems.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and with counterparts in outside organizations.
- Ability to think and act strategically in a fast- paced environment with frequently shifting and/or conflicting priorities.
- Ability to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement high-level programs and initiatives.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive, while collaborating effectively with a variety of groups including organizational leadership.
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, budgeting, database creation and management; ability to create ad hoc reports from database as requested; ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure; attention to details and ability to recognize problems and discrepancies in information and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of software applications for development of decision analysis models.
- Clear and concise written communication skills.
- Strong spoken communication skills, including the ability to make presentations before a variety of audiences.
- Strong mental acuity including the ability to discuss ideas intelligently and be persuasive.
- Extensive analytical skills including the ability to draw sound conclusions and act decisively.
- Project coordination skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a change agent and to initiate and manage change as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required, electrical is preferred. An advanced degree is preferred.
Experience : A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience is required. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in distribution or transmission engineering and operations is preferred. Supervisory and leadership experience is required.
Licenses & Certifications: Professional Engineering License helpful. Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs