Eversource Energy Manager, Siting, Transmission (hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This is a hybrid role with the first three months in the office.
Eversource is looking for a Manager, Siting for Transmission in Massachusetts . This individual is accountable for managing the Transmission groups relationship with regulatory agencies having siting jurisdiction for ensuring that all necessary project siting approvals are obtained in a timely manner including through planning with Project Managers and legal counsel. Ensuring that the conditions of those approvals as well as the requirements of siting statutes and regulations are satisfied.
- Develop an overall siting strategy for all projects by reviewing the five- and ten-year forecasts and the Business Plan and establish an overall siting schedule.
- Manage and organize the preparation of formal applications, petitions, and other applicable documents, for siting new or upgrading existing transmission and substation or facilities in Massachusetts.
- Coordinate testimony by technical disciplines, including contractors/consultants directly or indirectly related to a project.
- Manage the interrogatory process or any informational requests from the siting agencies. Ensure consistency from docket to docket.
- Manage the production and obtaining construction progress reports or any other administrative regulatory reporting requirement.
- Serve as a liaison to the siting agencies. Serve as a resource to Transmission Planning for forecasting and Project Managers throughout the duration of line, substation and other Company projects.
- Maintain proficiency with state siting procedures and regulations.
- Maintain strong working relationships with state regulatory agencies and municipalities.
- Oversee land planning activities needed for siting, including through collaboration with Real Estate.
- Coordinate general EMF monitoring and reporting activities related to project siting
- Manage a staff of approximately six to ten professionals in land planning and siting.
- Technical Knowledge/Skill:
- Excellent leadership, teambuilding, coaching, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, engineering, and construction procedures.
- Knowledge of the energy delivery power system.
- The ability to schedule, plan, and manage complex projects.
- The ability to utilize information technology. Knowledge of politics and precedents of siting process. Ability to analyze detailed and complex issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Legal Studies, or related field, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Master’s Degree or JD preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) to twelve (12) years of related experience.
- Experience is required in areas of administrative law, litigation, legal practice, utility regulation, siting utility or other infrastructure facilities, urban planning, environmental or energy regulation or land planning, or similar fields, or a combination of such areas.
- Experience in the electric industry is strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $146,151 and the market rate is $162,390 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for a fill list ofbenefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes collaborating, analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, leading, and coordinating.
- This role is performed in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs