Eversource Energy Manager-Reliability Compliance in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Manager, Reliability Compliance, has overall responsibility for managing compliance activity associated with Federal and Regional electric system reliability standards including the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC), Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC), and the Independent System Operator New England (ISONE).Manages an employee staff of approximately eight.Individual will establish an effective, efficient, and controlled environment which ensures Eversource's compliance with all applicable reliability standards and requirements.Has a role representing Eversource’s Operating Companies’ interests with Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC), and advocates Eversource’s position with respect to new or revised rules, regulations, standards, and laws affecting the Eversource electric system.
- Possesses strong and effective written and oral communication skills, including formal presentations.
- Project Management Skills
- Demonstrate expertise in negotiation of issues with multiple parties across the business.
- Demonstrate expertise in relationship/team building with key stakeholder
- Possess ability to influence and lead others.
- Ability to work effectively and represent Transmission positions with all levels within Eversource organization, FERC, NERC, NPCC, ISONE and other organizations.
- Demonstrates strong technical competencies and the ability to learn quickly
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrated leadership capabilities involving managing groups, using information from groups effectively, motivating employees, employee development, valuing individual contributions and creating a sense of team.
Education: Baccalaureate degree in Engineering, Political Science, Liberal Arts, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience is required with a strong preference for direct experience in transmission planning, engineering, system operations and compliance organizations.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Prior experience representing/negotiating business interests to a regional or industry organization.
- Prior experience with nuclear licensing or NERC reliability requirements is desirable.
- Auditing experience is desirable
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor