Eversource Energy Manager, Project Services, Transmission (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
This is a hybrid role with the first three months in the office.
Eversource is looking for a Manager, Project Service, Transmission . We are looking for someone with a high level of independence to manage transmission projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Work closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit and construct assigned projects. Primary duties include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and equipment; and ensuring all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Individual is assigned traditional projects such as one-for-one equipment replacement projects, transmission facility expansion projects, projects of lower complexity, or assigned to assist in supporting specific project management responsibilities of a larger traditional or major project.
- Management of project will be monitored by the Manager of Transmission Projects or Manager-Construction and Maintenance Transmission.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, and medium to high financial risk exposure profile requiring management reportingcommunications.
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects are completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Works closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal, Regulatory Relations, Purchasing, Communications and all Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles andresponsibilities.
- In general, manages the planning, engineering, siting/permitting, procurement, construction, commissioning and close out project phases
- Manages the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change controlmethodology.
- Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
- Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules
- Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment
- Manages the development of and participates in the required regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
- Coordinates environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
- Ensures the timely preparation ISO-NE project submittals.
- Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material and support systems.
- Manages the development of required outage and energization plans.
- Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan project submittals.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals
- Provides clear concise and comprehensive reports for management
- Mentors Associate Project Managers
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write effective reports and make presentations.
- Possess the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set and manage priorities, define roles and responsibilities and make decisions.
- Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission projects concurrently.
- Self-starter with effective communication skills, including active listening, speaking and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred), Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, equivalent degree will be considered or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree and Project Management class work aredesirable
- Minimum of ten (10) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience managing teams/projects and strategic initiatives
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies is highlydesirable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $139,050 and the market rate is $154,500 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for a fill list ofbenefits.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) License and formal project management (PMP) certification are highly desirable
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Limited travel will be required between office, project sites, and stakeholder locations.
- Work will require visiting field construction sites including high voltage substations and utility Rights-of-Way.
- Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods, if necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs