Eversource Energy Manager, Project Management and Construction in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource is looking for a Manager, Project Management and Construction located in Westwood, MA . this person manages and oversees a team comprised of Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers and Associate Project Managers. Lead and manage the team of project managers to successfully execute the project portfolio. This position acts as the subject matter expert for the development, implementation and oversight of all programs and policies related to the project management of electric system transmission, distribution, and substation facilities. This position ensures the portfolio of projects is completed within established schedules and budgets, as well as for the adherence to all safety, system, construction and industrial standards and specifications. This position also serves as the Project Manager on assigned complex or high-risk projects and is responsible for strategic planning and execution of these projects from conception through completion.
- Selects and oversees development of PM staff. Develops a mindset of ownership and employee accountability for outcomes and consistent level of productivity and quality of work.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of project management team. Builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through assessments and coaching.
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the project management team’s portfolio of projects is completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Responsible for meeting goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the portfolio of projects being managed by the PM team.
- Ensures that all aspects of the projects managed the team of PMs are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the development, implementation and oversight of all programs and policies related to the project management of electric system transmission, distribution and substationfacilities.
- Responsible to act as Project Manager on key high risk/highly complex projects. Will be responsible for executive level status report out for these assigned projects and PM team’s portfolio of projects.
- Requires extensive knowledge of electric transmission and distribution systems.
- Requires knowledge of the construction industry and project management.
- Requires knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding safety, construction and industrial regulations.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other systems for analysis and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- MS in Engineering or MBA preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience, including a minimum of five (5) years managing or supervising groups in transmission or distribution or related activities or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in working with construction contractors and managing largeprojects
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $141,759 and the market rate is $157,510 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for a fill list ofbenefits.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management Profession (PMP) desirable
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. This will require visiting multiple locations on a frequent basis. Attends to problems off-hours and for extended periods.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs