Eversource Energy Manager, Field Safety (Compliance & Systems) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Responsible for managing the development and implementation of Safety programs and policies within the Eversource safety management systems (SMS), data analytics and management directed at monitoring and improving safety performance and compliance consistent with Company objectives and government regulations. Supports safety efforts associated with Customer Care, Logistics, Facilities, and Other Shared Services. Serves as liaison, primary contact, and partner for key Shared Services customers to increase their safety knowledge of safety management systems, safety programs and policies, supports assessment and reductions of risks that their teams encounter. Responsible for the safety inspections, observations and SMS validation program and communication of key Safety messaging of topics to support the growth of the safety climate throughout the company.
- Manages the activities of the Safety and Compliance staff and works closely with all management to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all employees.
- Ensures that the details of current work procedures and related skills training programs are compliant with current regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and audits safety related work performance for compliance with the Safety Management system, safety policies and safe work practices.
- Conducts analysis of data received from observations, incidents, events and reportable injuries and provides improvement plans, program suggestions and implements changes to existing process.
- Develops and improves the SIMs database system to leverage existing functions and evaluate new functionality to enhance the robustness of data collection and utilization.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policy and procedure revisions to reflect sustainable practices learned from both data trending and incident evaluations.
- Provides for the delivery of training and information related to Company safety governance and for the development and implementation of human and operational performance initiatives.
- Provides information and reporting of safety related performance and trend analysis in support of leadership and other identified target audiences.
- Provides for safety regulatory affairs and records maintenance systems for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Develops a safety digital media strategy and implements a communication plan to increase safety awareness, training and information sharing.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety regulatory requirements and industry safety standards in the utility sector.
- Familiarity with Database Systems Management
- Experience with Safety data management, including tracking and trending and strategic planning based on the data.
- Knowledge of safety management systems, culture change practices and human organizational performance.
- Current information technology related safety systems utilization and enhancement experience.
- Experience with development of multi-media/digital safety communication strategies
- Excellent oral, written and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Applied Sciences, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience, including five (5) years in supervisory and managerial positions in the energy, construction or manufacturing business sectors.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs