Eversource Energy Manager, Energy Efficiency Regulatory, Policy & Evaluation in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Band 3A, Job Code 11563
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Hear from our customers and employees on why Eversource is the #1 energy efficiency provider in the nation.
Role and Scope of Position:
If you’re passionate about the advancement of energy efficiency, this is a great opportunity to manage a team of professionals driven by this common interest. In this role, you will be responsible for addressing emerging energy efficiency policy hurdles.
In order to effectively achieve this critical mission, you will serve as a key liaison with internal and external stakeholders and provide analytical insights on emerging challenges as the region advances aggressive decarbonization policies. Your approach will be data-driven and as such will include the management of the Evaluation, Measurement, and Verification (EM&V) team as well as the Strategic Data Management team. You will play an important role in both formal and informal communications with key stakeholders to advance Company positions. In this role, you will represent the Company in public forums, stakeholder committees as appropriate, and in front of public utility commissions.
Across the Company’s three-state footprint, this position will contribute to multi-year energy efficiency planning, regulatory filings, and stakeholder engagement. This position will work closely with other key staff to ensure the appropriate benefit-cost modeling processes are undertaken to carry out the Company’s regulatory responsibilities. This role will be integral in the development of savings goals and performing analysis in support of the development of those goals. Additionally, the manager will be responsible for helping in the development of relevant Technical Reference Manuals (TRMs).
- Provides analysis and guidance to senior Energy Efficiency leadership on key/emerging issues such as heating and transportation electrification, clean energy policies, and distributed energy resources
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to develop multi-year energy efficiency savings goals and budgets
- Manages the process for evaluating and selecting economic models used for determining energy efficiency program cost-effectiveness
- Oversees the development of Plans for the evaluation and measurement required to validate energy efficiency savings and satisfy regulatory requirements
- Understands the entire breadth of the Energy Efficiency business, identifying issues and opportunities and working with the Accounting, Budgeting and Regulatory groups to assess the impact these issues might have on Company operations.
- Serves as energy efficiency point of contact with senior level internal Company staff
- Liaises with critical external stakeholders
- Represents Eversource and the energy efficiency team at external forums across the Company’s footprint
- Responds to regulatory interrogatories pertaining to program planning, goal development, budgets, cost-effectiveness screening, as well as the application of evaluation results.
- Collaborates with other supervisors and managers, as well as other Program Administrators, regarding regulatory policy
- Collaborates with other supervisors and managers as well as other Program Administrators, regarding energy efficiency strategy as it is impacted by federal and state energy policy, new programs and technology, database system design and customer expectations.
- Manages, coaches, develops and assesses staff, and ensures they possess the technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans.
- Assists with the establishment and monitoring of goals, policies, programs and performance objectives.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the electric and gas industry as it relates to energy efficiency to aid in identifying obstacles and opportunities
- Requires knowledge and understanding of Energy Efficiency related regulatory processes and legislative guidelines, including the regulatory filing process.
- Requires extensive knowledge and skills in performing cost-effectiveness analyses and modeling, as well as in the evaluation and assessment of programs and projects.
- Requires general familiarity with energy efficiency technologies and their application in all customer sectors.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., excel, access, ORACLE and SAS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics or related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) plus years related experience including demonstrated experience working effectively and collaborating with a wide range of internal and external customers.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing and typing.
- Work involves using a computer and telephone as well as personal communication.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes researching, analyzing, writing and public speaking.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs