Eversource Energy Lead Engineer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of the Position
This position has the primary responsibility for leading a team of engineers, in support of the design, construction, maintenance and operation of Transmission Lines on the Eversource System in Eastern MA. This position provides Transmission Line & Civil Engineering group day-to-day technical guidance to assist the development of Transmission Projects with regards to design requirements, regulatory and environmental impact mitigation, low costs solutions, and engineering best. This requires familiarity with design codes, theories, and the relevant software packages. Specific duties include: design and analysis of overhead and underground transmission lines, design of line supporting structures, foundation designs, clearance evaluations, development of documentation for regulatory and siting agencies (including drawings, reports, interrogatory responses, etc.), representation of TL&CE in industry, legal and regulatory proceedings, field support during new construction or maintenance of existing transmission lines, and other duties as required. The Lead Engineer is responsible for the supervision, development and coaching of the TL&CE EMA project design team. This position will report to the Overhead Transmission Line Manager of TL&CE.
Supervision/Leadership of Team:
- Supervises the performance of the Capital Projects Team of TL&CE. Develops employees using performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Manages team resource assignments. Oversees team schedule updates and progress reporting to Engineering management, project scheduling, and other departments as appropriate.
- Develop training materials for incumbent and new employees in the technical requirements required for work within TL&CE
Support of Capital Investment Program:
- Support in drafting documents for the initiation of projects including estimates, project justifications and scopes, full project initiation submittals, drawings, photographs, etc.
- Support of the design of overhead transmission lines using PLS-CADD and associated software.
- Development of siting and permitting technical details including drawings and public presentations. To be followed by support of siting in permitting in public forums representing TL&CE
- Development and supervision of design details, specifications, material lists, drawing packages to be issued for procurement of transmission materials and construction of transmission facilities.
- Supervise the documentation of newly constructed Transmission Line facilities.
Support of Maintenance and Operations groups at Eversource Energy:
- Support the maintenance and operation of Transmission Line facilities on the Eversource System with engineering analysis
- Review external uses of Eversource rights-of-way against Eversource Standards
- Analyze data from the field about the condition of Transmission Line Assets and provide technical guidance regarding replacement and/or remediation.
- Assist other organizations within Eversource with information and guidance regarding transmission facilities. These groups can include (but are not limited to): Plant Accounting, Transmission Asset Management, Real Estate, Legal, Regulatory Policy & Planning, Governmental Affairs, Customer Service, etc.
- Knowledge of Transmission Line & Engineering civil, structural and electrical concepts
- Familiarity with Transmission Line Construction techniques
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Safety Code (”NESC”) and the Massachusetts DPU Code (per Chapter 220, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Regulations Section 125).
- Knowledge of the guidance in AISC Steel Manual, ACI Building Code and Commentary
- Familiarity with PLS-CADD and its associated suite of software products, Microsoft Office, Sag10, L-Pile, MathCAD
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, applying effective leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Education : ABachelor’s degree in engineering is required. A civil/electrical/mechanical engineering degree is preferred. An advanced degree in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry and supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is stronglypreferred.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid driver’s license.A Professional Engineer’s License is desirable.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs