Eversource Energy IT Supervisor, Operational Technology Cybersecurity in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Oversee the team of OT (Operational Technology) Security Engineers in the execution of operational security tasks across our electric and gas systems. This role will help guide and steer newer members of the OT Security team to help ensure consistent delivery of security services in addition to maintaining NERC-CIP compliance. This position will act as a liaison and point of contact for stakeholders across IT and Operations. It is expected that this position will provide backup support to the Manager of OT Security as needed. Deep familiarity with NERC-CIP and OT systems architecture is strongly desired.
- Leads Security Engineers and Associate Security Engineers, reviewing work product and ensuring timely delivery of operational security functions
- Provides leadership across our suite of OT Security tools, ensuring that they are configured appropriately, deployed completely, and kept up to date
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
- Partners with SOC and IR teams in the event of a security incident to ensure timely mitigation and remediation efforts are completed
- Assists with review, update, and approval of OT Security procedure documents
- Produces high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management
- Maintains current knowledge with respect to evolving regulatory landscapes across electric and gas industries
- Recommends effective process changes to enhance defense and response procedures
- Evaluates, tests, and selects security tools
- Assists with NERC-CIP audits, assessments, and related remediation efforts
- Strong working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices, particularly in an Operational Technology environment.
- Knowledgeable of NERC-CIP requirements, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the field of information security
- Experience with one or more of the following: security monitoring, database security, policy and procedure, Active Directory, cryptography/PKI, application security assessments, risk assessments, security awareness, or related information security subject area
Licenses & Certifications:
- Security certification preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- On-Call and need to work off hours
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs