Eversource Energy IT Senior Project Manager - Release Train Engineer (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
IT Agile PM/Release Train Engineers are responsible for the oversight and success of Information Technology and related Business projects. IT Agile PM/Release Train Engineers manage the budgetary, scheduling and delivery of assigned initiatives in compliance with the standards and procedures of the PMO/Next Generation Delivery Organization. The PM/Release Train Engineers primary focus is leading program and train-level execution, forming and building a team of teams, removing impediments, and driving continuous improvement. They are responsible for managing all aspects of team delivery including schedule, scope, costs, risks, dependencies, and issues. They facilitate the development of delivery plans and drive the plan through all phases of an execution lifecycle, or via a CI/CD process, through an assets in-service deployment to production and transition to IT Operations. They prepare plans and budgets to assure predictable delivery against organizational expectations. They develop and report program and train status to stakeholders and the appropriate governance committees. They maintain forecasts and utilize metrics to drive the achievement of desired results. They coach and lead Scrum Masters, to be accountable delivery managers for their teams. IT Agile PM/Release Train Engineers utilize Agile delivery methodologies and practices such as Scrum, Kanban, providing leadership for the successful delivery of large projects and programs.
- Manages a significant complex enterprise level program, or multiple projects concurrently
Work with the other Project Managers and have experience with a multi-system implementation and cross system integrations of complex business processes. Experience delivering large complex projects with:
Multiple systems (Metering, Billing, Outage Management)
- New application implementation integrating with legacy systems
- Both a business and technology focus in running projects. Needs to be able to fully understand the business needs and deliver a solution to these requirements.
- Think outside of the box
- Advocate and support the policies, processes, and practices of the Program Management Office (PMO)/Next Generation Delivery Organization.
- Develops and communicates plans to deliver major IT initiatives to the IT and business communities; devises the summary and detailed project plans including tasks and interdependencies, milestones, people required including skill levels, and other resource and support requirements.
- Coach leaders, teams, and stakeholders in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
- Responsible for Agile Release Train metric reporting. Track the execution of features and stories; Escalate and track impediments.
- Serves as the IT point of contact and the primary interface on initiatives where the business / user community has appointed a project or program manager.
- Outlines the responsibilities of different principals / parties including customers, customer and IT management, team members, IT support groups, vendors, consultants, and affected or impacted groups.
- Coordinate preparation of statements of work and specifications, estimation of product / service costs and pricing, and negotiation and administration of contracts. Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and story estimation by teams and across the Agile Release Train.
- Develops and oversee Agile scope management processes and customer acceptance throughout the delivery cycle.
- Facilitates the conduct of Agile Release Train ceremonies such as Scrum of Scrums and Big-Room / Program Increment Planning.
- Negotiates Information Technologies interests and manages external vendor, contractor, and material contracts.
- Monitor budget and resource levels and advise principals as to developing trends and prepare periodic variance projections.
- Ensure that dependencies outside the Team are understood and proactively managed. Ensure that risks and issues between teams and with the rest of the organization are understood and managed against expectations.
- Ensure that all training and transition management activities are in place for the customer base, including coordinating process redesign, new procedures, and acceptance of modern technologies and/or capabilities into daily use within the user community (done in conjunction with a business / user program manager if one has been appointed).
- Lead the Project Team/Agile Release Train to identify and implement continuous process improvements. Identify and pursue opportunities to improve Team execution; recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing workflows.
- Ensure communications, collaboration and coordination across teams, business partners, other areas of IT.
- Develop and implement alternatives and/or solutions to mitigate problems, issues, conflicts, etc.
- Provide thought leadership and expertise across the program and with internal and external Agile Release Train partners in achieving their commitments through issue, risk, and dependency management.
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and/or resourcefulness.
- Applies extensive organizational and/or delivery expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- May be viewed as expert within a given field
- Project Management Skills:Independently and effectively demonstrates Agile execution, leadership, and use of the methodology for large transformational projects and programs, knows when and how to effectively escalate problems and coach others.
- Familiar with real-time technologies and integrations as well as large databases.
- IT & OT Project Management
- Understanding of Utility Metering and Billing Systems
- Knowledge of Operational Technologies (OT) and Information Technologies (IT) related to Control Systems for electric utilities, including Smart Grid Technologies.
- Experiences in delivering large and complex projects involving Utility Meter and Billing Systems and Smart Grid related initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Five (5+) years for large Project Management experience
- Five (5+) years of Agile delivery experience.
- Three (3+) years of Release Train Engineer experience
- Prior ScrumMaster or Product Owner experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- IT Agile PM/Release Train Engineers must possess an Agile certification (as prescribed by the PMO/Next Generation Delivery Organization). These may include SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Agile Release Train Engineer, or Certified Scrum Master.
- IT PM must be PMP Certified
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $131,000 and the market rate is $145,000, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs