Eversource Energy IT Network Security Architect in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The IT Security Architect (ITSA) will work with IT to support all business units and various technology areas to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability to Eversource systems. The ITSA will succeed by working closely with Eversource project teams, Eversource Business Groups, and the IT Security team to ensure appropriate and effective network security controls are in place for new Eversource initiatives and for existing systems.
The ITSA will also lead the network security roadmap for IT Security standards and controls by working with the other IT Architects to ensure the roadmap is aligned with other Eversource domains standards and roadmaps. Understanding and communicating emerging and current network specific security threats and aligning with standards, frameworks and overall business and technology strategy will help direct ongoing modifications to the security roadmap.
- Develop and recommend network-security technology strategies, publish Eversource network security standards, research network security solutions for IT projects and Infrastructure and develop methods to monitor compliance.
- Provides network security recommendations and functional requirements to internal IT application and infrastructuregroups.
- Coordinates and resolves complex technical network security problems and challenges.
- Anticipates and prepares for emerging business, application and infrastructure needs, and translates these needs into network security requirements.
- Runs and manages research and network security technology evaluation projects.
- Works with business clients in gathering application requirements, evaluates security risks, provides guidance in implementing a secure design, translates the requirements into application flows.
- Understands, researches and visualizes application flows and translates those into firewall rules.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
- Produce high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Senior Management
- Be familiar with current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy
- Recommend effective process changes to enhance Eversource Cyber Security Program.
- Evaluate, test and select security tools, evaluation products and control products.
- Assist with annual SOX and CIP audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in the field of network security plus additional experience in IT to equal at least 8 years. Strong working knowledge of firewall systems, cloud security services, security standards and practices.
- Knowledge across many of these areas:oStrong networking background, routing, protocols.oEncryption Key Management, Database Security, Enterprise Directory Services, IDS, IPS, Next Generation Firewall, Application Firewall,Cloud SaaS /PaaS/IaaS Security,Industrial Control Systems (i.e., SCADA).oExperience with and knowledge of NIST, ISO27001, COBIT
- Degree in Information Security or firewall security certification preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs