Eversource Energy IT Associate Systems Engineer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Under direct supervision, responsible for the administration and support of a physical and virtual Windows server environment, VMWare infrastructure, application servers, desktops, and the hardware and storage needed to run our Business-critical applications. Provide technical expertise to support the planning, coordination, programming, and implementation of projects, releases, upgrades or changes at the OS, software, and hardware level. Use and maintain the range of products and productivity tools that support the operating environments. Ensure stable performance for environments through monitoring, and performance tuning. Perform capacity planning and performance prediction. Plan and implement major software upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Manage moderately sized projects and initiatives, under supervision
- Act as subject-matter expert within discipline – Configuring, integrating, supporting and maintaining environments that host our highly available vendor software packages that are critical to our Business.
- Has knowledge to support the infrastructure and troubleshoot complex issues – MS Windows stack, VMWare vCenter and ESXi servers, Linux, server and storage hardware, working knowledge of backup/recovery.
- Influences others regarding policies, standard practices and procedures.
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on work area.
- Contribute to the development of goals of the discipline and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Provide measurable input to new products, processes, or standards in operational plans to implement business strategies.
- Able to handle large, complex problems that typically impact critical/ time sensitive Business processes.
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of work area.
- Communicate with parties within and outside of own discipline.
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.).
- Work to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
- Contribute to environment architecture and development processes
- Working knowledge in the Microsoft stack, VMWare (ESX, VMs), physical servers, Backups.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Databases/Servers, Networks, PowerShell, Linux, IT Security/Firewalls.
- SCADA knowledge a plus
- Handle open-ended problems & ambiguity well.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, policies & tools, standards, and best practices
- Change Control - Enhance end-to-end environment configuration needed to support Testing procedures of changes being deployed.
- Contribute to documentation required to maintain our critical systems.
- Vendor management: Engages outside expertise (support, consultants, professional network)
- Implement proactive monitoring and automation: tools/scripting to automate tasks, enhance and simplify support and proactively address issues to minimize business impacts
- Show inclusiveness by respecting different opinions, acknowledging expertise, and recognizing unconscious biases
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced Degree in a related field, preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $68,180.00 to $75,760.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs