Eversource Energy Engineer, Substation Design Engineering - Gr4 (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
This is a hybrid role. The first three months arefulltimein the office.
As an Eversource Engineer, you'll work with complex systems and equipment, while providing engineering and technical services to support our growing organization. We offer a unique and exciting opportunity to explore the best of both worlds, working both in the office and the field on a variety of interesting projects. You will gain experience designing new substations and retrofit existing substations implementing variety of switchgear technologies like Gas Insulated switchgear, metal clad switchgear, Transformers and many more. Your involvement with the projects will be from inception to completion to make a positive impact on community by designing a reliable energy network. Working within a collaborating environment, you will find coaching, training to advance your career.
For this role, the qualified candidate will be expected to:
- perform small to complex physical design of substations within broad range of Eversource’s electric network from 4kV to 345kV voltage levels.
- Create substation layouts and elevation drawings including grounding and conduit layouts
- Co-ordinate with internal and external designers to accomplish substation design
- Assist lead engineer to provide technical specifications of equipment, responding design RFIs during construction
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to perform substation design
- Perform reviews for external design vendor drawings and attend project meetings
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
1. Engineering education as evidenced by a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (BSECE).
2. Must have demonstrated, during service in the lower ratings of capabilities not normally developed in less then 5 years’ service in such ratings, for performing the complex and diversified work activities of the grade with a high degree of proficiency andresponsibility.This period of time, however, shall not be construed as an inflexible work experience requirement.
3. In addition to the personal qualifications required of the lower grades, must have during their service in the lower ratings demonstrated capabilities, interest and aptitude for the work of Engineer, Grade 4.
4. Must have demonstrated personality traits such as accuracy, initiative, judgment, originality and attention to detail.
5. Must have demonstrated qualities of leadership and the ability to plan work for, to coordinate and direct the activities of, and to work with individuals and groups engaged in engineering and technical activities.
RATES OF PAY :
Gr. 4: $65.29
Licenses & Certifications :
Must pass the minimum physical requirements as prescribed by Eversource. The incumbent must have corrective vision, normal color perception, hearing and a sense of smell. Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicles. Must possess or be willing and able to obtain the appropriate drivers license and Eversource qualification to operate motor vehicles of any class and type required by the company based on departmental needs.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs