Eversource Energy Energy Efficiency Consultant: Heating and Cooling in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position is responsible for providing project/program management services to customers for electric and natural gas energy efficiency projects. This position supports the development, promotion and implementation of energy efficiency programs to meet established goals.
- Provides direction to business partners, such as contracted vendors, and/or technical project expertise to customers and coordinates available resources specific to the procurement and installation of energy efficient measures, strategies, and systems.
- Responsible for review and approval of moderately complex projects/programs, which require an understanding of engineering analysis/calculations, implementation strategy for new technologies, or energy simulation modeling.
- Manages the integration of activities between the customer, program administrators, advisory consultants and vendor/contractors.
- Develops documents and plans necessary to meet compliance with regulatory filings and oversight of rate-payer funded Energy Efficiency programs.
- Ensures that all projects and programs are accurate and in compliance with regulatory guidelines - reviews project documentation and program applications to confirm all required and supporting materials is provided in order to fulfill program participation parameters.
- Participates in the budgeting, invoicing, evaluation, and tracking of expenses and energy savings; assists with the development of RFP's for contracted services.
- Facilitates achievement of energy efficiency goals by promoting demand-reduction initiatives to assigned customers/customer segments and/or programs.
- Partners with Energy Efficiency colleagues across sectors/channels, including Energy Efficiency Sales Account Executives, in order to set an energy efficiency implementation path and strategy for customer participation and energy efficiency program implementation.
Requires ability to interpret energy efficiency / renewable technologies and services and understand their application. Requires solid understanding of financial principals and the ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
3 plus years of relevant experience in technical marketing, sales, project management, engineering, architectural, or energy efficiency. Experience and/or aptitude in customer service also desired.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment which requires a combination of personal computer and telephone work as well as field visits to customer and construction sites.
- Work is performed primarily in a normal office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing and typing. Work also requires a combination of personal computer and telephone work as well as field visits to customer and construction sites. Job can require some traveling to local, regional and national regulatory proceedings and professional activities.
Mental Aspects :
This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis. Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance. Seeks support from others when necessary. Uses appropriate coping techniques.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs