Eversource Energy Demand Management Consultant (Energy Efficiency) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for providing energy efficiency project/program management services to customers for electric and natural gas energy. This position leads the development, promotion and implementation of energy efficiency programs to meet established goals.Regularly interacts with regulators and/or other non-utility energy efficiency stakeholders with an occasional support of regulatory interrogatories in writing or in public hearings.
- Analyze and quantify customer load curtailment capabilities (residential and commercial) and load aggregation potential
- Create outstanding marketing campaigns that recruit, enroll, and retain high-value customers
- Manage customer settlement and assist with M&V reporting to ensure that programs get results
- This role requires the candidate to develop an understanding of how consumers can reduce electric consumption during peak periods to balance supply and demand on the grid.
- Moreover, candidates will need to develop a strong understanding of key demand reduction technologies such as programmable communicating thermostats (PCT), battery storage, thermal storage, advanced building software & controls, demand response, and Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS).
- A successful candidate will develop forecasts and scenario models, create an engaging marketing strategy, while applying industry best practices.
- Generate market trend analysis reports and provide thought-leadership for implementation strategies
Requires a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business or related discipline. Minimum of five (5) years related energy efficiency experience. Skills:
- Understanding of ISO tariffs and wholesale market operations
- Prior experience designing and managing demand response programs at a utility, aggregator, or other market participant
- Experience in economic modeling of demand side programs
- Strong familiarity with emerging energy technologies including solar, storage, demand response, lighting, CHPs, EV/EVSEs, and other types of DERs
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Basic understanding of demand response in relation to utility energy grids
- Knowledge of market operations and preferably experience working with at least one ISO
- Demonstrated experience with resource planning and/or grid planning
- Understanding of utility DR and peak demand reduction programs and load profiling
- Understanding of residential and/or C&I electrical building systems such as HVAC systems and controls, lighting control systems, occupancy sensing, intelligent building systems
- Ability to conduct energy analyses and calculations
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Energy Efficiency Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor