Eversource Energy Cultural Resource Specialist in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)You will provide direction, develop guidance and provide support, i.e. subject matter expert, in related discipline for federal, state, and local regulatory compliance as it pertains to Company operations. You will work with project team members, subject matter experts, and other Eversource departments to implement plans to ensure consistent documentation and compliance with environmental regulations and permit requirements. In this role you will be responsible to serve as the primary liaison and to work with State and Federal regulators, agencies and stakeholder groups as required to communicate actions or programs as needed.
- Responsible for developing and implementing goals, policies and directives for cultural resources compliance.
- Provides guidance and expertise to Eversource staff and vendors on matters pertaining to specific subject matter.
- Works with environmental affairs staff to ensure strict compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Supports management with the development and implementation of policy and guidance documents.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices, trends, industry-related regulatory and legislative changes impacting permitting and compliance.
- Performs QA/QC audits of permit applications and other deliverables relevant to area of expertise.
- Develops and delivers training to staff and vendors.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and maintains a productive and effective relationship with federal and state regulators regarding matters in respective program.
- Participates in the investigation of incidents of poor performance or non-compliance and helps to develop mitigation, restoration and proposed improvement as needed after each incident.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral are required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direction.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees, contractors, managers, customers, government officials, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of federal and state laws, regulations and permitting practices pertaining to cultural resources/historic preservation, including Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Experience working with ArcGIS 10.x in a Cultural Resource Management (CRM) environment.
- Provide expertise on protocols for archaeological investigations and visual impact assessment methodologies.
- Familiarity with Best Management Practices (BMPs) and other avoidance and protection measures to avoid impacts to archaeological resources during construction activities.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to changing dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology/Archaeology, Historic Preservation, Architectural History, or closely related field.
- Master’s degree and/or other specialized training in related discipline preferred but not required.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of work experience in related discipline.
Licenses & Certification:
- Professional Certification and/or Licensure in target field as appropriate preferred (e.g. Register of Professional Archaeologists)
- Work is performed in both an office environment and in the field.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel within MA/CT/NH.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs